Flop (Now what?)

Hi everyone,

Rolled the Jeep today and I'm looking for some advice in regard to talking with the insurance company. This thread is not about insurance fraud, it is about "facts to state" and "facts not to state." If you have some uncouth advice, but really think it will help, please send me a PM.

Basically, the Jeep is nowhere near totaled. In fact, I plan to have it fully inspected at a shop, a value established, and then a check issued so that I can focus the funds where I want them. With that being said, the rollover occurred while offroading at Broken Arrow in Sedona. I was messing around on an obstacle, just trying to raise the skill level a bit and things got out of hand quickly.

I genuinely blame this on the steering system. I could not turn my wheels and had to keep going back and forth putting myself further and further into a bad situation. I mean, obviously it's my fault first, but you understand lol. Hydro-assist is definitely going on the fix-it list.

Thanks for all the help! And enjoy the pics! ;)

What he said ^

Looks like you just need a fender flare, a mirror, and some hard top paint. Maybe pull the dent out of the rear quarter panel.

There’s a bit more going on that it would seem from the pics. Something is bent in my beefy Synergy Steering. Doors don’t line up anymore. Mount for mirror is pressed in so far the window won’t go up. Weird vibration at highway speeds. Entire hardtop has a complete crack through it. Rear tail light gone, and rear bumper jacked up. Hood tweaked and latch area is pressed in. That’s just the short list.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That’s a flop not a rollover. Pick and choose your battles. If you put that through insurance your rates will skyrocket. Also to do that there is lack of awareness.

Hi everyone,

Rolled the Jeep today and I'm looking for some advice in regard to talking with the insurance company. This thread is not about insurance fraud, it is about "facts to state" and "facts not to state." If you have some uncouth advice, but really think it will help, please send me a PM.

Basically, the Jeep is nowhere near totaled. In fact, I plan to have it fully inspected at a shop, a value established, and then a check issued so that I can focus the funds where I want them. With that being said, the rollover occurred while offroading at Broken Arrow in Sedona. I was messing around on an obstacle, just trying to raise the skill level a bit and things got out of hand quickly.

I genuinely blame this on the steering system. I could not turn my wheels and had to keep going back and forth putting myself further and further into a bad situation. I mean, obviously it's my fault first, but you understand lol. Hydro-assist is definitely going on the fix-it list.

Thanks for all the help! And enjoy the pics! ;)
Does your insurance even cover off-road driving? The insurance company would want an incident report from the police.

JimLee

Hooked
If it's a numbered trail, sometimes it is considered a "road" and can be handled as such for insurance purposes. But, it depends on the state and the insurance company. I agree with everyone else, and I personally try and avoid dealing with insurance companies if at all possible, unless their is major damage. The difference between "major" and "minor" is very subjective and you are going to need to decide for yourself if you can stomach repair costs

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hi everyone,

Flopped the Jeep today and I'm looking for some advice in regard to talking with the insurance company. This thread is not about insurance fraud, it is about "facts to state" and "facts not to state." If you have some uncouth advice, but really think it will help, please send me a PM.

Thanks for any help.
Not about fraud but then you edited your post to remove all the photos from the trail and the details? Sounds like you are trying to hide all the info from the insurance company now.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the help! And enjoy the pics!

Not about fraud but then you edited your post to remove all the photos from the trail and the details? Sounds like you are trying to hide all the info from the insurance company now.
If he took out a loan in order to buy the Jeep, the lender may be very interested in this issue, given that if they repossess it now it won't be worth very much. That is a reason that full coverage is needed in order to satisfy the requirements of the lender. It is a sort of Catch 22 situation.

So the best approach is to pay for repairs yourself if the problem was your fault and you can afford to do so.

In this case it may be that the ground suddenly split open under the Jeep due to an earthquake and thus the damage was not the drivers fault rather than being an immediately foreseeable situation. 🤣

Brute

Hooked
I have been wondering the same thing for years now.
He reminds me of the story of the frog and the scorpion. The scorpion asks the frog if he could climb on his back to cross the river; the frog says "no, because you'll sting me and I will die". The scorpion replies "no I won't, because I would drown and die too". So the frog lets the scorpion on his back and begins to swim across the river. Halfway across, the scorpion stings the frog. Just before they both die, the frog says "why did you do that?!...we are now both going to die", to which the scorpion replies "it is my nature"...

Top Bottom