Flat fenders / Leveling kit / 35's

dunn81

While I'm saving for a coilover kit, I'm going crazy wanting to work on my Jeep. I have a Teraflex leveling kit and wheel spacers from a previous Jeep. I'm thinking of purchasing the Bushwacker flat fender kit and some BFG KM2 35/12.5/17's to hold me over. Anyone have pictures of this or a similar set-up??

Thanks!

Edit: re read your post and saw that you were looking for pictures, not suggestions. I apologize.

How many inches did the leveling kit lift your jeep? I suggest cutting your stock fenders before buying new ones.

Last edited:
While I'm saving for a coilover kit, I'm going crazy wanting to work on my Jeep. I have a Teraflex leveling kit and wheel spacers from a previous Jeep. I'm thinking of purchasing the Bushwacker flat fender kit and some BFG KM2 35/12.5/17's to hold me over. Anyone have pictures of this or a similar set-up??

Thanks!

I would not waste your money on the Bushwackers unless you get them for a smoking deal like free or under $200. Cut your factory fenders and save the $600 to put towards your coilovers. I am running the Bushwacker flares but they were given to me and nothing was out of pocket.

How many inches did the leveling kit lift your jeep? I suggest cutting your stock fenders before buying new ones.

I don't have it on my Rubi yet; I think it is advertised 1" rear, 2" front. I only used the spacers to give me an extra 1" front and rear on my last Jeep. (I can't stand running up hill when I load the back or pull a trailer...)

I know the BFG's aren't very tall for 35's and I have never run flats before, so just curious.

I don't have it on my Rubi yet; I think it is advertised 1" rear, 2" front. I only used the spacers to give me an extra 1" front and rear on my last Jeep. (I can't stand running up hill when I load the back or pull a trailer...)

I know the BFG's aren't very tall for 35's and I have never run flats before, so just curious.

I am running 2.5" spacer/leveling kit with advertised 35s. Based on the amount of space I have I think youd be fine with flat fenders, your leveling kit and advertised 35s. Let me know if you want pictures.

I am running 2.5" spacer/leveling kit with advertised 35s. Based on the amount of space I have I think youd be fine with flat fenders, your leveling kit and advertised 35s. Let me know if you want pictures.

I looked at your build; looks good, I have the same color!

I'm certain the combo will "fit"; I'm just not sure if it's "look" will be a little to stubby, lol. Thanks! I'm sure someone has something similar will come along with a pic...

I tested the clearance on the front wheel well. This is not a leveling kit but close. They are coils and shocks off a 4 door Rubicon (18 front, 59 rear) with OEM bump stops. I also have a 3/4 inch coil spacer on the front and 1.5 inch wheel spacers. The tires do not rub (front or back). They are 35 inch tires but measure slightly over 34 inches. And the stock flares have been cut. So, with a leveling kit, spacers and flat fenders you should be fine.... Hope this helps with what it may look like.....

16758945391_0f619663ec_o.jpg

I tested the clearance on the front wheel well. This is not a leveling kit but close. They are coils and shocks off a 4 door Rubicon (18 front, 59 rear) with OEM bump stops. I also have a 3/4 inch coil spacer on the front and 1.5 inch wheel spacers. The tires do not rub (front or back). They are 35 inch tires but measure slightly over 34 inches. And the stock flares have been cut. So, with a leveling kit, spacers and flat fenders you should be fine.... Hope this helps with what it may look like.....

View attachment 130087

Thanks hoop!

Your welcome. You will be fine. In the pic I posted, that was full flex and there was about an inch left before rub.

Your welcome. You will be fine. In the pic I posted, that was full flex and there was about an inch left before rub.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried flexing it out with the wheels turned? Based on your pictures, it looks like you would have rub issues if you were turned to the right.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried flexing it out with the wheels turned? Based on your pictures, it looks like you would have rub issues if you were turned to the right.

When I initially tested them, I had rubbing issues when the wheels were turned. The rubbing was actually against the frame. With the wheel spacers put in I haven't had any issue.

Top Bottom