Flashcal questions

ClarksAdventures

Hey everyone. This has probably already been covered, but I need help.

I got my flashcal in the mail the other day. Plugged it into the computer and made sure I have the updated software. However I'm missing a bunch of option that the instruction book says I should have like

TPMS adjustment/turning off
Esp optimization
Idle control

Am I missing something obvious here?

chipper

Have you plugged it into your jeep yet? My understanding is it needs to get locked to your jeep first then you can download the TPMS off-road.

ClarksAdventures

I think what hes saying is you need to plug in to the jeep, let it identify the vehicle, then go back to the pc and try again. Thats what i had to do on mine.

I think I follow. Ok so here's the timeline.

I was excited to play with it after the ups guy dropped it off. So I took it out to the jeep before even updating it or plugging it into the computer.

Then, it scanned my jeep and pulled all the info like vin and such.

Then I thumbs through the menus to see what else I could do with it that change the tires size and gear ratios(which was the main reason I got it). I noticed it didn't have all of the options as the instruction booklet said, so I thought it just needed to be updated on the computer. I'm a Mac guy so I had to wait till I went to work to use a PC.

So today I plugged it in and updated to the newest software version. And at the end it also allowed me to get the TPMS-off add-on which I downloaded at well.

Finally I took it back out to the jeep to check out the new options. And nothing new. Same menus. Help!

I think I follow. Ok so here's the timeline.

I was excited to play with it after the ups guy dropped it off. So I took it out to the jeep before even updating it or plugging it into the computer.

Then, it scanned my jeep and pulled all the info like vin and such.

Then I thumbs through the menus to see what else I could do with it that change the tires size and gear ratios(which was the main reason I got it). I noticed it didn't have all of the options as the instruction booklet said, so I thought it just needed to be updated on the computer. I'm a Mac guy so I had to wait till I went to work to use a PC.

So today I plugged it in and updated to the newest software version. And at the end it also allowed me to get the TPMS-off add-on which I downloaded at well.

Finally I took it back out to the jeep to check out the new options. And nothing new. Same menus. Help!

I had the same trouble with mine. I couldnt find the tpms option even after update and download. Not sure what i did to fix it but after a few trips from the computer to the jeep it magically showed up on the flashcal

ClarksAdventures

I had the same trouble with mine. I couldnt find the tpms option even after update and download. Not sure what i did to fix it but after a few trips from the computer to the jeep it magically showed up on the flashcal

I'll give it a try. Lol, I always like magic tricks!

inksterjk

I had the same problem. Try a different USB plug. On my computer, it will only update correctly if i use one of the USB plugs on the main board on the back of the computer :idontknow:

It's worth a try

eohlin

I had the same problem with the TPMS option - I updated the device on the PC, said it was all there, took the flash cal to the jeep, no TPMS option. I did some reading, many seem to have the same issues. So back to the PC, updated again, didn't even recognize I had the TMPS option installed and wanted to download and update my flash cal again...this time - I was able to see the TPMS option on the flash cal after I connected it to the jeep.

I've read others needed to do that 3 times.

I will say - the software on the PC leaves a bit to be desired. The flash cal seems to work well, pulled my ABS codes and was able to reprogram for larger tires, remove TPMS and gave me fog lights with my brights. But the software - needs work!

Good luck.

Eric

ClarksAdventures

I had the same problem with the TPMS option - I updated the device on the PC, said it was all there, took the flash cal to the jeep, no TPMS option. I did some reading, many seem to have the same issues. So back to the PC, updated again, didn't even recognize I had the TMPS option installed and wanted to download and update my flash cal again...this time - I was able to see the TPMS option on the flash cal after I connected it to the jeep.

I've read others needed to do that 3 times.

I will say - the software on the PC leaves a bit to be desired. The flash cal seems to work well, pulled my ABS codes and was able to reprogram for larger tires, remove TPMS and gave me fog lights with my brights. But the software - needs work!

Good luck.

Eric

Uggh! Getting a little closer, but still can't adjust my tire pressure. I can turn it off, but I can adjust it.

chipper

Uggh! Getting a little closer, but still can't adjust my tire pressure. I can turn it off, but I can adjust it.

I also had the same problem. I contacted their support. They told me they had to drop the TPMS adjustability and make it only a on/off because on the newer model jeeps were having to many problems. But being able to turn it off is a plus. I had mine off all weekend and it worked great.

ClarksAdventures

I also had the same problem. I contacted their support. They told me they had to drop the TPMS adjustability and make it only a on/off because on the newer model jeeps were having to many problems. But being able to turn it off is a plus. I had mine off all weekend and it worked great.

Seriously? I would mind that so much, but what is going to happen when I put my 35's on next week, and they run half the pressure of my stock tires. Am I going to have to deal with an annoying alarm when I'm on pavement?

chipper

I run 28 psi in my 35's. And have no alarms or lights with my TPMS on. I only turn it off when I know I'm gonna air down. I'm not sure what stock is set to. I have a 2014

ClarksAdventures

I run 28 psi in my 35's. And have no alarms or lights with my TPMS on. I only turn it off when I know I'm gonna air down. I'm not sure what stock is set to. I have a 2014

I have a 2014 as well, do you have the individual monitoring system on your dash like me? During the cold weather mine would read about 33 and would set off the alarm light

chipper

I have to cycle through the menu on the steering wheel till it shows up on the dash. I haven't done anything to it ,for it to not go off at a lower psi. Only the on/off. Last Friday I aired down to 18 and the light came on cause I forgot to set the on/off. Aired back to 28 when I got done wheeling and it went off a few miles down the road.

ClarksAdventures

I have to cycle through the menu on the steering wheel till it shows up on the dash. I haven't done anything to it ,for it to not go off at a lower psi. Only the on/off. Last Friday I aired down to 18 and the light came on cause I forgot to set the on/off. Aired back to 28 when I got done wheeling and it went off a few miles down the road.

Thanks chipper. I'm hoping I get the same results as you. Wheels go on next week and o have my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom