Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Very nice! The reports from Lake Michigan is that they are running huge this year. I can’t wait to head over and get hooked up.

Welcome to this side of the Mississippi!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Run is late this year here. Water temp was still 70 at 150’. We caught these between 125-150. Bunch of boats were out at 200+ and catching some. We lost more than we caught. Eggs were still together. Probably another week or two until they move for the river here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
The weather has been crazy this year. That’s crazy their still holding that deep. There were a couple in the Pere Marquette River last week. I’ll be up in 10 days to hit them, I hope they get moving!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Witness protection program?

I still can’t get over Pacific salmon in the Great Lakes...

Shhh. He does work for the CIA.

All that the kings are missing is the fire truck red color once they are in the streams.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Shhh. He does work for the CIA.

All that the kings are missing is the fire truck red color once they are in the streams.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

They were full of eggs. Belly’s were empty though. They aren’t eating.

Brute

Hooked
How are the kings for eating since they live in fresh water?...I’m assuming they begin to deteriorate once they get into the rivers to spawn like they do in the west coast...

wjtstudios

Hooked
How are the kings for eating since they live in fresh water?...I’m assuming they begin to deteriorate once they get into the rivers to spawn like they do in the west coast...

Great out of the lake, the rivers we catch and release.

But nothing beats a fresh sockeye on an Alaskan River.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Except maybe a fresh white king in the salt
of Alaska...sockeye is hard to beat smoked, however...

wjtstudios

Hooked
Except maybe a fresh white king in the salt
of Alaska...sockeye is hard to beat smoked, however...

I’ve never pulled a salmon out of salt water, it’s on my list for sure! That and Halibut.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’ve always thought it was good. But up in the rivers, yeah we don’t eat that shit. And DEC is all over your ass if you hook one since you can’t snag anymore. Not fun to try and keep.

Top Bottom