First Time on the Rubicon with Our Gladiator

TrailHunter

Hooked
Awesome Pics as usual! Very Cool for a first time in the Gladiator... and running with the Old Bronco... My buddy has one and it's always a lot of fun seeing what it's capable of... and shit talkin Fords is always fun too... until they out wheel you of course.. :ROFLMAO:

Brute

Hooked
Ahhh...that explains the water snapper vid earlier...it's always nice to take a dunk at Rubicon Springs.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sounds like a great trip! I need to make it out there eventually!

Also, what is this cord running on Mel’s Jeep?

Attachments

• FDC7A041-F398-4FBB-8F5C-F4B6426877D6.jpeg
    FDC7A041-F398-4FBB-8F5C-F4B6426877D6.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 12

desertrunner

trying to nail down dates for my rubicon trip next summer. what do you think was the main reason for all the traffic? im trying to do it mid week to avoid some of the weekend warriors but i feel like july and august im bound to run into some traffic.
I agree with the SXS BS, out in montana, south dakota and north dakota SXSs are way more popular and are just a PITA to deal with and was the cause of most the jams we had on our last trip to the Black Hills.

Thanks for sharing. Always interesting to hear other people’s experiences on the trail. I have no use for the SXS. Most are rude and don’t care.

Team.RGP

Awesome trail! ....many thanks for the pictures and the narrative!

And what can I say about those two incredible Gladiators 😮
Eddie, I guess you drove Mel's Gladiator at some point so I have to ask... if you would buy one again, would you take the V6 gas or the V6 diesel?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like you guys had fun despite all the traffic! Always good to get out with friends!

MericaMade

Yeah, unfortunately, a weekend is the only time that most people can run the trail and so, it can get pretty bad. I have to say that I'm really having a harder and harder time with the SXS guys. At the risk of sounding old, they were a big part of the traffic jams and they really are jacking up the trail by driving over everything and making new bypasses wherever they please. Also, they have ZERO trail etiquette.

If you do ever make it out, let me know. If we're available, we'd love to run it with you.
Nice photos look like an awesome trip. Yeah, I agree with you about the SXS. Even in Big Bear it is getting ridicules and they always think they have the right away, plus they tend to drive way to fast causing a lot of close calls.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Yeah, unfortunately, a weekend is the only time that most people can run the trail and so, it can get pretty bad. I have to say that I'm really having a harder and harder time with the SXS guys. At the risk of sounding old, they were a big part of the traffic jams and they really are jacking up the trail by driving over everything and making new bypasses wherever they please. Also, they have ZERO trail etiquette.

If you do ever make it out, let me know. If we're available, we'd love to run it with you.
Fuckin 'trail nats'. I got really frustrated with them at Poison Spider in Moab, and at one point snowplowed about four of them who were blocking the exit.
Fortunately where we wheel here in Pa, the nats don't go where we do. Sooner or later those fuckers will force certain places to close or ban off roading.

Elroy231

Fantastic pictures. Looks and sounds like it was an amazing trip. Bit of a bummer that your rear corner took some damage especially after the effort to try and prevent that. I personally wouldn't mind alot after a run like that. Seams like the kind of place you might get some bruises.

tchmotorsports

Caught the Bug
Great pics thanks for sharing.The Rubicon is definitely on my bucket list.Just curious who was breaking up the boulder with the drill?Forest service?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Great pics thanks for sharing.The Rubicon is definitely on my bucket list.Just curious who was breaking up the boulder with the drill?Forest service?
Probably the Jeep jamboree people. They go through and make it a paved road prior to the event so they can get stock Jeeps through.

rubiDave

Great pictures and trip report. Too bad about all the other traffic - I hate when that happens, but it is prime season.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like an awesome trip and great write and pics as always.
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the pics :)
Thanks for the offer! Yeah I’ve noticed the same thing here over the last few years regarding the sxs guys. A lot of them want to go fast on the old ranch roads and fire breaks here. I’ll pull over and let them pass… without even touching their brakes, they’ll fly past me and have kicked up enough rocks to where my paint chipped off the JK. Pissed me off to a whole different level. If I didn’t have my family with me I probably would’ve put the enforcer suspension to the test and chased them down. Lol. But yeah, generally they’re assholes.
The speed thing is a problem for sure. Not that I don't enjoy going fast, it's just there are places for it and a time for it. A lot of these guys just open up every chance they get and in spite of where they are or who's around them. They have a toy and they intend to use it - that's it.
Awesome pics. Definitely need on the to do list.
Glad you liked them and yes, it is one you need to do :)
Great pics as always. Looks like a fun run.
Thank you and it was. Camping with friends is always a good time :)
Looks amazing!! Love seeing the monsters out there flexing, but I’ve got to say the old bronco looked at home out there! And as always, Ripley looked like she was having the time of her life out there.
Oh yeah, the Bronco did great. Had to work on it as we went but it did great LOL
Great pictures. Looks like an awesome time.
Thank you :)

benatc1

Hooked
Looks like a great couple days on the trail, sucks about the damage but I guess that's part of the deal. Thanks for sharing, how did the bomber sliders hold up?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!
You bet, glad you enjoyed seeing them :)
Am I missing something here or is the exhaust pipe on the wrong side on this one? View attachment 365211
I believe he’s running a diesel
Yup, what wjstudios said. Mel has a diesel :)
I agree with the SXSs really hurting the trails snd the experiences, they can really ruin a run.

Looks like a beautiful run other than that, the JTs made it look easy and the classic Bronco is great to see out on the trail. Someday I’ll make it out there
Oh, it's always a beautiful run and we had a great time. I was just trying to explain why we don't have a video to go with it. If we kept at it, I would have just been work and we didn't want that. There were a lot of old Jeeps out there too. In fact, what we didn't see much of was JL's. I maybe saw 5... maybe 6 total and as mentioned, no Gladiators. 4-door JK's were everywhere. Definitely a trail that you need to run!
That looks like such a great trip! You guys got some really good photos. I hope I can make that trip some day. I’m with you also on the SXS. I really can’t stand them on the trails.
It really is a must for all Jeepers. In my opinion, more so than Moab.
Great write up as always and of course, great to see that you guys got to take the JT out for its first rubicon trip. Looking forward to our trip out there next month.
Thanks! Still hoping we can join you out there.
Pictures can be just as good as video sometimes, and with no video no one can get upset with your music choices. And it looked like Ripley was having a blast in the water.
HAHAHA!! :ROFLMAO: Thank you for that. :D

Top Bottom