First electrification... Now This 🙄

AZVAJKU

Hooked
We love our diesel Gladiator!

Greenies hate diesel and have done a lot to try to crush it. In Europe, especially in Germany diesel is very popular. BMW, Audi, and Mercedes all have diesel luxury car models. Many of the hybrids are diesel based.

I believe if the Gov got out of the way and let the free market determine what people want we would have more diesel- not less.

Check this out.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Lol of course they are. How will they produce and power them? Oh right, fossil fuels! 🙄
I’m all for fossil fuel burning, especially because I work at one. But CA actually curtails renewables, solar during non peak days and wind at night. The idea is to charge batteries with that excess power during those times.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn’t need to, but still drives his 04 Cummins with 400k on it because he doesn’t want to mess with all the new stuff. Says he will buy gasser if he ever gets a new truck because all the electronics/emissions shit. Lol.
I so get where you're dad is coming from. I'm always tempted to buy a new truck but can't get myself to part with my 06 Duramax with LBZ motor and no DEF.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As far as the end of the EcoDiesel goes, I'm sure a lot of that is a result of the upcoming changes that the EPA is set to make in 2024 but a lot of what Jeep is doing is a result of their new leadership. Their whole mindset is to just reach "zero emissions freedom" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
I've had a boner for diesels for 50 years...
But, I've heard guys bitch about the smell of diesel in their garage.

True on the newer heavy truck e-diesels. But, back in the day, Cat 3406, 3408, Cummins KTA, there was no fire without smoke. Much cooler time...
Nobody needed a stinking laptop to fix one.
That’s true but let’s be honest, you can run a straight pipe turbo back early 2000 Cummins and barely turn black smoke

benatc1

Hooked
Grante
I so get where you're dad is coming from. I'm always tempted to buy a new truck but can't get myself to part with my 06 Duramax with LBZ motor and no DEF.
Granted he’s old school but he he’s got a point. Plus he runs his with max air flow and low program, gets extra power it runs as clean as it did stock. Don’t need to be bellowing smoke, that’s just wasted fuel

benatc1

Hooked
As far as the end of the EcoDiesel goes, I'm sure a lot of that is a result of the upcoming changes that the EPA set to make in 2024 but a lot of what Jeep is doing is a result of their new leadership. Their whole mindset is to just reach "zero emissions freedom" :rolleyes:
Really the eco diesel raises their brand MPG significantly, maybe they don’t sell enough compared to the 392 lol

Kuboske

That’s true but let’s be honest, you can run a straight pipe turbo back early 2000 Cummins and barely turn black smoke
Absolutely agree. My '95 3406E (5EK) would have run with those vintage big Cats and Cummins engines, and left them behind at the fuel pump. Trouble is the govt. never stops. When Caterpillar announced the end of production of highway truck engines, I was seriously bummed out.
Now, we can't even build gliders.
P.S. I know I sound like grandpa but, the first diesel fuel I bought for my first semi tractor cost, .549. At a "Standard" truck stop.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I feel like zero emissions and freedom contradict each other.
You’re right. Forcing electric vehicles on people without beefing up the grid isn’t about stupidity or lack of foresight. It’s about forcing everyone into public transportation. When they first started building freeways in California, there was a decades long plan to improve the roads to facilitate the fast growing number of cars. But there was an influential group of activists that instead wanted use the money to develop public transportation. They succeeded in blocking the expansion and improvements of the freeways for many years, but the money to improve the public transportation was never allocated. Their plan succeeded in part as the road system couldn’t keep up with growing traffic.

Forcing people into electric cars isn’t the goal. It’s a means to an end. Only rich people will be able to afford private transportation. The rest of the unwashed masses will be packed into buses and trains.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You’re right. Forcing electric vehicles on people without beefing up the grid isn’t about stupidity or lack of foresight. It’s about forcing everyone into public transportation. When they first started building freeways in California, there was a decades long plan to improve the roads to facilitate the fast growing number of cars. But there was an influential group of activists that instead wanted use the money to develop public transportation. They succeeded in blocking the expansion and improvements of the freeways for many years, but the money to improve the public transportation was never allocated. Their plan succeeded in part as the road system couldn’t keep up with growing traffic.

Forcing people into electric cars isn’t the goal. It’s a means to an end. Only rich people will be able to afford private transportation. The rest of the unwashed masses will be packed into buses and trains.
Lol what are we, in the 60’s Rosa? Public transportation is not a thing. It’s electric cars. Its about control. You can’t afford electric cars you can’t go far from your house. If you can afford electric cars you will be limited to when you can charge which will limit when you can leave your house.

If it were about public transportation there would be efforts now toward building that. There is not any of that.

Kuboske

Long term goal.
Lol what are we, in the 60’s Rosa? Public transportation is not a thing. It’s electric cars. Its about control. You can’t afford electric cars you can’t go far from your house. If you can afford electric cars you will be limited to when you can charge which will limit when you can leave your house.

If it were about public transportation there would be efforts now toward building that. There is not any of that.
Short term goal.
But wait. Isn't there a fast train boondoggle that's been milking taxpayer money for years in your own beautiful commiefornia?
Aside from enriching politicians, they would claim efficient mass transportation...

Kuboske

Kind of like Aviation. Rich folks fly their own or hire private. The unwashed masses board a giant aluminum tube and sit shoulder to shoulder...
Herded like cattle.

GP NOIR

Hooked

I wasn't clear- Forcing people into public transportation is all about control. They control where you go and when you can go. Public transportation keeps people close to home or funnels you to other public transportation hubs. Public transportation limits travel. They don't want the masses in any kind of private conveyance, limited range or not.

They want the masses dependent on public transportation placebo and don't care if it's convenient or efficient for us or not.

Actually, forcing us into arcologies- where we live, work and shop all in the same complex- is the ultimate goal.

Macarena Man

I've had a boner for diesels for 50 years...
But, I've heard guys bitch about the smell of diesel in their garage.

True on the newer heavy truck e-diesels. But, back in the day, Cat 3406, 3408, Cummins KTA, there was no fire without smoke. Much cooler time...
Like you, I've run diesel logging equipment for 43yrs. Like diesel.
To have diesel fuel priced higher than gasoline here is outrageous.
Our 87 gasoline is $2.339 per litre . . . . x 3.7854 litre/US gal. = $8.854
Not happy with the way things are going . . .

onlyone

Damn sad. I’m glad I have mine. I still enjoy the people at the gas pumps, telling me I screwed up and put the wrong handle in. I just tell them I thought the green one was better for the environment.

Top Bottom