Finally got my Rubicon flares installed (and ready for bigger tires)

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
IMO this is a must for anyone who has a non Rubicon/Mojave. I am not sure if the rivet gun i was using was faulty or I suck at it (I've done normal rivets before and wasnt that bad at it). But invest in a decent plastic rivet gun if you want clean factory looking plastic rivets. I didn't need to do anything on the Tazer to get the turn signals to work (LED - I had halogen's). The plastic clips on the flares are a pain in the ass - the first fender most of them came off with the fender - the last 2 i had to pull them all out of the body (was not hard - just a nuisance). Now it looks like I am riding on skateboard wheels. IMG_0529.jpeg IMG_0526.jpeg

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Time for some 37's.
Exactly what I am shooting for. There is so much room there now - it looks like i am riding on skateboard wheels. It looks so much better now as well - i can see the fenders from the cab easier so i know where i am placing my tires. Now the challenge is finding a place around me that has 37's in stock. May need to order and wait a week or so - was told Nittos are on nationals back order and it could be a weeks wait or months :( really wanted trail grapplers - but it has me looking at ride grapplers now (since it does snow here and it would be nice to have a tire that can adapt to that better).

Top Bottom