Favorite Ball Joints and U-Joints for JT please?

Are yours bad? I wouldn't recommend throwing money at stuff that especially on the JL and JT are much beefier than the JK before, that isn't even at fault yet. How big are you going? I'm on my original ball joints and U Joints and 35s, I've beat my Jeep to hell out in the desert and they're fine. No doubt they can and will break eventually, but I live by - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

benatc1

Hooked
Are yours bad? I wouldn't recommend throwing money at stuff that especially on the JL and JT are much beefier than the JK before, that isn't even at fault yet. How big are you going? I'm on my original ball joints and U Joints and 35s, I've beat my Jeep to hell out in the desert and they're fine. No doubt they can and will break eventually, but I live by - if it ain't broke don't fix it.
You make a good point about unneeded shit , but I believe his are in multiple pieces from another thread.

You make a good point about unneeded shit , but I believe his are in multiple pieces from another thread.
Lol, my bad. If that's the case OP I'd maybe look at Synergy for Ball Joints. Never looked at upgraded U-Joints, haven't gone that far down the rabbit hole... yet.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug

Attachments

• 344415935_959947211685683_3015196522533801468_n.jpg
    344415935_959947211685683_3015196522533801468_n.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 20

CalSgt

Hooked
Dude... I wouldn't dare try to run that axle shaft with or without a new u joint.

I haven't needed ball joints yet but I'm looking at probably ordering the Spicer performance ones, they claim to be a "steel on steel" HD replacement for the OE joint and are grease-able

https://spicerparts.com/parts/axle/...performance-ball-joint-kit-for-jeep-jl-and-jt

ETA: Spicer 5-7166X is my u-joint choice for a stock axle shaft

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The factory ball joints fail prematurely because they have plastic components inside of them. Pretty much any metal on metal HD replacement will get the job done and far better. In fact, most of the aftermarket ones are all pretty much the same thing only in different boxes. I like the Spicer upgraded ones but I've also installed Synergy and found them to work well.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been using Spicer parts on the JKU and they've held up without breaking the bank.
I bought Spicer u-joints and ball joints for the JLU after I bought it, those parts will need to be replaced and figured the way this economy is going the prices will likely only go up.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
Dude... I wouldn't dare try to run that axle shaft with or without a new u joint.

I haven't needed ball joints yet but I'm looking at probably ordering the Spicer performance ones, they claim to be a "steel on steel" HD replacement for the OE joint and are grease-able

https://spicerparts.com/parts/axle/...performance-ball-joint-kit-for-jeep-jl-and-jt

I was able to find @BruceyZ06 had axles in his garage. I bought his from him.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug

Ordering the Spicer 5-7166X if they can be had. This axle has to last me 9 to 10 weeks. I am ordering big boy axles in the next couple of days. They all have 8 to 9 weeks lead time. Would like to buy USA made. Deciding between Fusion 4x4 and Crane Axle Co. My plan is actually to go with a King Pin and leave the world of ball joints. What I like about Fusion is life-time warranty, if you break axle shaft, Kingpin or some other parts, they will replace it. What I like about Crane is how beefy their chromoly kingpin is.

Top Bottom