Family Trip to Colorado this December

RockIt Man

Hello all.

I am planning on taking the family up to Colorado (from TX) to enjoy a "white Christmas". We will be driving up there the week before X-mas.

Our plan is to stay in Durango for at least most of the duration, 5-7 days. I want to ride the Polar Express on the Silverton/Durango steam train.

We would also enjoy staying in a cabin, sledding, building snow men, dog sled rides, sleigh rides, etc etc. I also know that there is a possiblity for lots of snowfall, but we wouldnt mind being bundled up in a cabin by the fireplace enjoying hot cocoa and family time.

Anybody from the area or who have done similar trips during this time of year feel free to chime in.

I realize that this may not be a "wheelin" trip due to most of the trails being closed, but I'd at least like to take to family around to explore the San Juan Mountain range, maybe hit Ouray Telluride, or whatever, as long as the roads are open.

Let me know your thoughts!

:beer:

You guys will love it! I was just in Durango for 10 days with my girlfriend wheeling and fishing and relaxing. That train ride in the winter is amazing. So pretty. I'm moving to Durango in May, we are so excited. Hope y'all have a great and safe trip. Please take lots of pictures.

We took a family trip to Durango quite a few years ago, and loved it. Rode the railroad and rented a Jeep in silverton to hit some trails, which is where i fell in love with jeeps in the first place. Also went to Purgatory, which was loads of fun.

Thanks for the responses. I have been to the area in Sept. I'm interested to hear what the weather and road conditions are like during that time of the year.

Top Bottom