FAMILY PHOTO FRIDAY - Let's See Your Jeep Family Portrait!

I know that today is normally reserved for everyone to show off awesome flex shots of their Jeep but Cindy and I thought it might be nice to change things up a bit or at least, add another option to this final day in the work week and start a Family Photo Friday thread. Specifically, for those of you who live in a household with more than one Jeep, we'd love to see a family portrait of them!

20170318155015-f41d7ddf.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg
Daily, 07 toy, wife's new rig

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks man. Surprised my dad with it for Father's Day. Install was a bit tricky but I learned a lot about vinyl wrapping in the process.

Way cool that you got that for your dad. Did you pull the grill to apply it or were you able to do it while it was still on the Jeep?

BlacknRedJK

Way cool that you got that for your dad. Did you pull the grill to apply it or were you able to do it while it was still on the Jeep?

Initially I tried to apply the wrap with the grill on the Jeep, but the vinyl between each slot did not want to stay centered. I ended up pulling the grill to work on a flat surface. I used soapy water in a squirt bottle to work the vinyl back and forth without it sticky too much and squeegeed the solution out from under the wrap when I got things in place. It took about an hour of tedious work before I was happy with it being centered. There were a few bubbles that I couldn't get out but with time in the sun they have evaporated and the vinyl lays pretty clean. Definitely a learning experience working with clear 3M vinyl. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Initially I tried to apply the wrap with the grill on the Jeep, but the vinyl between each slot did not want to stay centered. I ended up pulling the grill to work on a flat surface. I used soapy water in a squirt bottle to work the vinyl back and forth without it sticky too much and squeegeed the solution out from under the wrap when I got things in place. It took about an hour of tedious work before I was happy with it being centered. There were a few bubbles that I couldn't get out but with time in the sun they have evaporated and the vinyl lays pretty clean. Definitely a learning experience working with clear 3M vinyl. :thumb:

Nice, it came out great. :thumb:

Top Bottom