Factory softop or trektop?

so i took the rear window and sides out all good till i hit 60 on freeway then top started making a hell of a racket--i think its snapping on the sound bar.. what to do?...all straps and such are tight...

Turn up the radio? 😉

Turn up the radio? 

lol! i do that for most things ! it's a little beyond that...:yup: i think i'm going to wedge a foam block in there just to see..problem is i'm 15 miles to the freeway...makes fore long test drive..;)

I had the Trek Top NX on my mom's JKUR for a couple weeks but we really wanted something that would fold all the way down in just a few minutes. SO in return, we sent it back to Best Top and ordered a Premium OEM soft top from a dealership, it looks nice and is easy to get up and down, if you know what your doing :thumb:

Ok im bumping this up, and maybe eating my words a bit. My jeep came w a hardtop, which i sold and got a trektop. I love it, but with two kiddos, the decreased storage space is starting to become a pain. Thinking about splitting the difference and going with the factory soft top w/sunrider... thoughts?

Ok im bumping this up, and maybe eating my words a bit. My jeep came w a hardtop, which i sold and got a trektop. I love it, but with two kiddos, the decreased storage space is starting to become a pain. Thinking about splitting the difference and going with the factory soft top w/sunrider... thoughts?

I made this swap for the same reasons and found myself regretting it. I found that the storage gained was not worth the top change! I found myself missing the unique look of the Trektop.

Although, sometimes I miss how easy it is to pull off the full top as easy as it is with a factory top.

I had a trektop on my last jk, I went to a supertop on this one because of your concerns. I miss the look of the truck top but I love the extra storage and when the dog is in the back and keep the sun off him.

I made this swap for the same reasons and found myself regretting it. I found that the storage gained was not worth the top change! I found myself missing the unique look of the Trektop.

Although, sometimes I miss how easy it is to pull off the full top as easy as it is with a factory top.

Im no so worried about the look. the trektop is definately sporty, but so many people run it now, i wouldnt mind the rugged look of the "old school" top lol.

Im no so worried about the look. the trektop is definately sporty, but so many people run it now, i wouldnt mind the rugged look of the "old school" top lol.

I understand! I have someone here locally wanting to do a straight up swap for a brand new soft top, but I can't make up my mind!

Will the factory softtop work with my trektop door surrounds, tailgate bar ect...?

As far as I know, it will not. The door surrounds are different requiring different snap ins on the standard soft top.

Next year I am going the trek top nx route. I have seen it on a Jeep my color, it gives the Jeep a more aggressive look and I also like how it can function as a bikini top.

Top Bottom