Fabtech and your thoughts

TheLloyd

A buddy of mine suggested I look a Fabtech for suspension. I've never really considered them. What is the general consensus on their 5" lift kits?

TheLloyd

I am going to go with 37's. they also have a 3" system recommended for 35's. I'm all ears to your input. Much appreciated!

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Not sure how the kit is for the Jeep. (I will look in a sec) but I had a Fabtech 6 inch on my GMC. It was just a lift, nothing like Rock Krawler, Evo, OME, etc. these are all suspension systems. Granted a Full Size Chevy is not close to a Jeep, but I can tell that my Rock Krawler did more than just lift tge vehicle. The quality of the lift was okay, but if youre lifting a Jeep I would (personally) look at other options before I went Fabtech.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
5" is a LOT of lift and not really needed for just 37" tire. Sure, they will get you clearing your factory fenders but your COG will be way off. With trimmed factory fenders or flat fenders, you can clear 37's with just 3.5" of lift and it's what I am running now on one of my Jeeps. Regarding Fabtec, the taller lifts come with front track bar relocation brackets that aren't braced and are known for tearing off the factory mounts. I would not recommend their kits.

TheLloyd

"the taller lifts come with front track bar relocation brackets that aren't braced and are known for tearing off the factory mounts."
That is a great point!

I really don't want tall. AND I don't want track bars tearing off. I want great suspension that can take me anywhere, but with lower center. I really dig the ride height of several of the rides I have seen here. Plus they are capable of trekking, crawling and grocery getting! It is going to be my DD, my stress reliever and family enthusiast builder.

Have no issue with cutting fenders. I'll keep my focus on suggestions made.. "nothing like Rock Krawler, Evo, OME, etc." plus Currie.

Thanks again for some direction and input.

Top Bottom