F-Cracker the Gladiator build

AZVAJKU

Hooked
As you may know we bought a Gladiator Rubicon this summer but we haven’t had a chance to make many mods to it yet.

The factory stats for the vehicle are listed below. Due to the Fire Cracker Red color we decided to call it Fire Cracker or F-Cracker for short. I’d like to get a custom plate with ‘FCRKR’ but my wife doesn’t think it’s a good idea. 🤔

Rubicon
Firecracker Red
Forward facing trail cam
Body color fender flairs
Standard Wheels
Mud terrain tires
Body color freedom top
Brown leather trimmed seats.
U-Connect 4C Nav, 8.4 inch display
Remote Start
Alpine Premium Audio System
All weather Slush Mats
Interior Assist handles
Black Door Sill guards.
Remote Proximity Keyless entry
Jeep Active Safety Group
Cargo Management System
Adaptive Cruise
Cold Weather Group
Auxiliary Switch Group
Trailer Tow Package
Turbo Diesel
8-Sp 8HP75 transmission

So far have 11,000 miles on it. It’s averaging 23-25 around town and 25-27 on the highway with plenty of power. It really gets up and goes.

We have completed the following mods and bought the following gear for it.

Line-X the bed
M.O.R.E Dead Pedal
Rugged Ridge Hard Bed Cover
HD Bungee Cords for gear tie down
HPG Pouches seat back pouches
Tazer JL Mini Programmer

Below is one of the two HPG seatback pouches. It’s nicely made and fits the molle-like webbing on the back of the seats.

1641945221930.jpeg

We decided to build this Gladiator in the following stages.

1: stock tires & wheels, no lift, bed topper (current)

2: 35-in tires (35x11.50R17), no lift, stock wheels, Warn winch, EVO Bumpers, CB, KC’s

3: 40-in tires, EVO Double Throw-down Coil-over Long Arm lift, UD-60/80, KMC Grenades, PSC steering, EVO 3/4 Rack, Freezer, Decked System………

4: ?$?$?$?

One of the factors in this build progression is that we might be taking F-Cracker to EJS if my JK is not finished in time. This build up will allow us to get out on some 5 & 6 trails.

Despite supply chain issues and all of the other man-made obstacles Americans find ourselves facing, we have managed to get most of the parts in a timely manner. In fact we are highly impressed and super happy.

I came home to these today. 👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻

1641946410803.jpeg

1641946439005.jpeg

1641946464091.jpeg

1641946496622.jpeg

1641946523679.jpeg

I was worried about how to finish the bumpers, however a good friend recommenced I use this:
1641947334918.jpeg

In addition the Warn Zeon winch is on its way!! 👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻

Last edited:

AZVAJKU

Hooked
This arrived today!

1642821476585.jpeg

Now I just need to have it warm up a bit before I can paint the bumpers and get the winch mounted up. It is 16 degrees outside so my garage is pretty cold. 🥶

I could run the space heaters, however I think I’ll just wait until next week when it’s 38. 😐

This global warming stuff is horrible. 😂🤣

I also ordered a set of 35-inch Nitto Trail Grapplers from Discount Tire. I received a 10% military discount. Thanks Discount Tire! The best part is that there is now a Discount Tire shop an hour from me that will take delivery and do the install. 👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Yesterday we had the 35-inch Nitto Trail Grapplers installed. It does not look much different than stock and drives exactly as it did before. I think the Gladiator should come with 35’s from the factory. The spare easily fits back underneath.

Also, thanks out to Discount Tire of Fredericksburg Virginia. It took less than an hour.

1643574317508.jpeg

Top Bottom