Explain to me WHY this is worth this much....

kevman65

Hooked
I like the looks of it. It's clean and tight to the body. It has corner protection built in. It has skid plates for the bottom of the bumper to prevent hanging up on things.

But $2700 for 3/16" steel bumper that is smaller than less expensive bumpers????

kevman65

Hooked
Because, I'm sure there are guys out there who are willing to pay that much for it.
I'm sure EVO wouldn't charge another $2100 for their High and Tight with corner guards and skid plates.

Sorry, just can't wrap my head around companies seriously gouging people and then people actually paying for it.

Needless to say, I'll probably never buy an Artec product.

kevman65

Hooked
That is a lot. Wonder where it's made. Even if us steel and workers, that seems like a lot.

LoD makes one that looks pretty complex to manufacture and it's way cheaper.
It's more than beefier rear bumpers WITH a swing away tire carrier.

I'm back and forth between the high low profile look and the ones with a tire carrier.

EVO and Rock Hard both got scratched off because they incorporate the OEM recovery hooks. I prefer D-ring mounts.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Apparently, they haven't sold one because they don't even have a real picture of it. Are those plastic or aluminum rash guards on the bottom side?

kevman65

Hooked
Apparently, they haven't sold one because they don't even have a real picture of it. Are those plastic or aluminum rash guards on the bottom side?
They don't specify on that. I "ASSUME" by the description that they are 3/16" steel like the bumper.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure EVO wouldn't charge another $2100 for their High and Tight with corner guards and skid plates.

Sorry, just can't wrap my head around companies seriously gouging people and then people actually paying for it.

Needless to say, I'll probably never buy an Artec product.
EVO's products aren't cheap but from what I've seen, what goes into making them and here in the USA, they charge a fair price and that's all they try to do. So no, I don't think they would charge more than is needed to make a good profit.
Artec's all over the influencers, therefore must be the shit and worth every pretty penny... :rolleyes:
Welcome to the brave new world of marketing and for better or worse, whore media seems to be working quite well for a lot of companies. I can't count how many times I've had someone come up to me and tell me about how they bought a product and simply because an "influencer" they like, runs it. And, what really kills me is when you try asking about the product in question, they really have no idea other than the whore of their choice runs it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely, it's made out of the stuff plastic cutting boards are made out of. There've been a number of companies that have used it in the past as it's durable, slides on rocks and can be replaced as needed.

Spazbyt

Hooked
It all screams smittybuilt XRC to me but atleast it's a creative idea. I like what Genright does with some of there aluminum bumpers. They use steel rash guards in the high impact areas.

Kenney

I like the Alum Skids where you get Rock Rash. These guys make all their stuff in Utah so between material and labor cost not so bad. The fab guy looks like he knows what he doing. I like it!
also I read that this Friday starts their Black Friday deals so maybe get a better deal. I'm a Fab guy at heart so to me I think its cool.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well maybe not $2700 cool. I like the fact it's made here not China.
LOL - well, that $2700 price tag IS what this thread is all about - not whether is was cool or that you like it's made here. Since you seemed to have missed it, the OP was specifically asking for someone, like yourself, to explain why this bumper is worth $2700. But, you just answered that question 🤪

kevman65

Hooked
Well maybe not $2700 cool. I like the fact it's made here not China.
You do realize there are multitudes of companies making Jeep bumpers in the U.S. with U.S. made steel that are MUCH less costly than Artec?

They lost a customer in me just because of their price point. EVO, who is no slouch, has basically the same design for 1/3 the cost. Yes it doesn't have some of the items offered, but 1/3 the cost. EVO is NOT one of the cheapy outfits.

I have a Rock Hard full width winch ready front bumper, 1/4" thick, powder coated, for 1/3 the price of that rear.

There is ZERO value in that Artec bumper.

Kenney

With a $2700 price tag for a bumper I don't see them selling many Bumpers. I'm retired now so cant see paying that much for something I can Fab. I did buy my DV8 bumpers when they made them in the US

Top Bottom