Experiencing Moab for the first time

RCC

We are headed to Colorado in July and have decided to plan a trip to Moab for thanksgiving(late november).

Having never been to Moab, about how days would you guys think we need to experience some of the trails? I know its a huge place and the weather that time of year could be good or bad but is allotting 4-5 days enough?

I read the other thread about Moab in the winter, does anyone have much experience with it in November?

I haven't been during the winter but 4-5 days should give you a ton of time to wheel especially since everything is pretty close together. I'd make a list of the main trails you want to go on and plan from there granted the weather cooperates.

We are headed to Colorado in July and have decided to plan a trip to Moab for thanksgiving(late november).

Having never been to Moab, about how days would you guys think we need to experience some of the trails? I know its a huge place and the weather that time of year could be good or bad but is allotting 4-5 days enough?

I read the other thread about Moab in the winter, does anyone have much experience with it in November?
I wheel a ton in Moab in the Fall. November, just as Eddie mentioned limits you on daylight but it slows down in town and the rates go down on rooms. Warm enough during the day (usually) but chilly at night. September-Mid November is my favorite time there. If you put a trip together let me know. I’ll drive down and show y’all around.

70gsrick

I'd be interested in going on this one as well if the dates line up. When you say Denver in July, what part of Colorado/Denver. We are headed to Ouray over the 4th of July.

RCC

I wheel a ton in Moab in the Fall. November, just as Eddie mentioned limits you on daylight but it slows down in town and the rates go down on rooms. Warm enough during the day (usually) but chilly at night. September-Mid November is my favorite time there. If you put a trip together let me know. I’ll drive down and show y’all around.

We will be in Moab the week of thanksgiving.

RCC

I'd be interested in going on this one as well if the dates line up. When you say Denver in July, what part of Colorado/Denver. We are headed to Ouray over the 4th of July.

We will be in Ouray July 2nd to 8th.

RCC

Can anyone here verify if a gladiator on 40’s and 1 tons can fit through the Devils Pocket on the Elephant Hill trail?

Oof…. It depends on your overall width. I’ve seen full size trucks barely squeeze by however my buddy on full width SD60’s and 40’s couldn’t fit. He’s 92” sidewall to sidewall. I’m 87” and was able to squeeze through.
Can anyone here verify if a gladiator on 40’s and 1 tons can fit through the Devils Pocket on the Elephant Hill trail?

RCC

Oof…. It depends on your overall width. I’ve seen full size trucks barely squeeze by however my buddy on full width SD60’s and 40’s couldn’t fit. He’s 92” sidewall to sidewall. I’m 87” and was able to squeeze through.
Thanks for the info. I’ll measure my width today.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is Moby back when he was running 40x15.50's and measured 88" wide.

main.php

Top Bottom