EVO Tire Carrier Rattle

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
It's a simple fix really. First remove it all and give it to somebody else. It's too complicated for you obviously. Second, sell the jeep and buy an FJ cruiser. You sound more like that type.

The dipsticks keep repeating each other cause your too dumb to see that your question has been answered. You want a technical answer, take the jeep to EVO and let them handle it.

shotgun the tire carrier :standing wave:

WJCO

Meme King
I guess some folks are just satisfied with wooden sticks and if it would be up to them, silverware would never be invented… Sorry ladies, I was thinking this is technical forum with some real technical inventive dudes and all I see is bunch of dipsticks repeating each other!!

download.jpe .......

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I guess some folks are just satisfied with wooden sticks and if it would be up to them, silverware would never be invented… Sorry ladies, I was thinking this is technical forum with some real technical inventive dudes and all I see is bunch of dipsticks repeating each other!!

People like you never cease to amaze me. A member who used to WORK for EVO, installing said carrier told you how to fix the problem and somehow we are a bunch of "dipsticks".

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

You do understand the Johnny joints are adjustable for a reason right ?

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Strong words from a guy who drops good money on a product that he doesn't fully understand, nor researched the countless threads here about, and then critiques the engineering after the fact.

dwvninety

Remove the existing pins that is causing it to rattle. Reach into your purse and grab a couple of tampons. Place tampons in where the pins used to go. Problem solved.

JAGS

Hooked
You do understand the Johnny joints are adjustable for a reason right ?

You answered the question first post response. What I do t understand is why not try it out first. Even I was able to adjust the carrier. I also swapped out the pins which helped as well. Not rocket science.

Hobolobo

Applied some grease and that took care of squeaking noise (at least for now...) Another thing that i don't like is there is too much play between the supplied pin, EVO bracket and Johnny Joins causing tire carrier bounce and making all sorts of noises when driving. I understand these pins are there for quick removal so tire carrier can be opened but the whole thing on driver side is just too loose in my book.

There got to be a better way to secure/clamp tire carrier/joints on driver side other than bolting them down same way passenger side is. I cant believe this only bothers me... Hoping to hear back on some alternative long term solution that will allow me to open up the tire carrier relatively fast without tools and still be able to clamp it down when closed.

Any ideas? Thanks all in advance!

---Peter

I'm not positive, but i think i read somewhere that you can adjust those joints so your pin is just a tad misaligned and that should take care of it.

I'm not positive, but i think i read somewhere that you can adjust those joints so your pin is just a tad misaligned and that should take care of it.

Another way to fix this. Is to adjust the joints so that the pins are slightly misaligned. That might work too...looking forward to hearing how the OP diagnosis this.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Another way to fix this. Is to adjust the joints so that the pins are slightly misaligned. That might work too...looking forward to hearing how the OP diagnosis this.

No no no, you guys are doing it all wrong. You need to adjust the joints so that the pins aren't quite aligned and making them tight.

Top Bottom