Evo slider finish

Bingo. I'm sticking with the industrial flat black paint from now on... Planning to strip and repaint my rear bumper next year.

I used Rustoleum satin black paint with Rustoleum self etching primer underneath. Looks good and its easy to touch up. Blends in nicely when you scratch them too.

SAM_0634.jpg
SAM_0922.jpg
SAM_1360.jpg
SAM_1361.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg

As Strizzy said, thin coats. I learned that the hard way. Ifyou put it on even slightly thick, it will not harden properly.

As Strizzy said, thin coats. I learned that the hard way. Ifyou put it on even slightly thick, it will not harden properly.

Good point. When I was painting mine the first few coats were literally dustings. Once they started resembling blak I started with regular, thin coats. It took a long time, but goes on nice and even that way. :thumb:

How has the bedliner held up? I painted my bumpers with Rustoleum bedliner and was a bit surprised that I can scratch it off pretty easily with my fingers. I was hoping it would dry harder.

The finish has held up well. I have been offroad a couple of times. There were a few scratches. I just used a piece of card board to cover the body and touched it up. Looks good as new.

Top Bottom