Evo Inspired Rockers

Mikes Offroad

Well I finally decided to try and build a set of the EVO designed rockers. After looking at them on the JKX 2012 and seeing the abuse they take, I figured lets see what I can do. I used 1.25 DOM for the tube and 5/16 for that flat steel. Still need to build the mounts and finish welding it together ( just tacket right now)

IMG_1019.jpg
IMG_1021.jpg
IMG_1020.jpg
IMG_1022.jpg

Serg5000

The EVO sliders are a simple and strong as hell design. I have often wondered why folks don't make their own. Seems your the first I have seen do it. Good job by the way. I like the simplicity of the enhanced Rubi rails. If I ever decide to change them out. I will be making a pair as you did.

The EVO sliders are a simple and strong as hell design. I have often wondered why folks don't make their own. Seems your the first I have seen do it. Good job by the way. I like the simplicity of the enhanced Rubi rails. If I ever decide to change them out. I will be making a pair as you did.

first off I do not have the talent, second the required equipment and lastly the time. Fabrication is a talent which has to be developed.

Well I finally decided to try and build a set of the EVO designed rockers. After looking at them on the JKX 2012 and seeing the abuse they take, I figured lets see what I can do. I used 1.25 DOM for the tube and 5/16 for that flat steel. Still need to build the mounts and finish welding it together ( just tacket right now)

View attachment 43253
View attachment 43254
View attachment 43256
View attachment 43255

Looks great. Envious of your talent.

R/
Will

Mikes Offroad

Thanks for the comments guys (sorry I placed in in the wrong section Eddie). I did build a set off of the factory Rubi rails, like the Poison Spyder DIY kits. It was ok but nowhere the strength of the EVO ones. I looked a buying a set and shipping up to me in Yellowknife but the freight was almost as much as the rockers.

Serg5000

Chop saw and a welder is all that's needed. I realize not everyone has the tooling. I do. I'm just lazy. Lol.

Top Bottom