EVO Drag Link Flip Kit Questions

MORedJeep

I have been a member for awhile but only trolled until this post. Last weekend I installed a EVO Enforcer stage 1 3” lift and each time I needed some advice i googled my question and a WAYALIFE Project JK posts site answered it. Great information delivered in an unassuming way. No matter how basic the questions seem to be they are always answered without anyone looking down at you, and like many other noobs out there, I had some basic questions.

Now today I am installing the EVO drag link flip kit, with the advice I found on several WAYALIFT posts it went on fairly smoothly but I have a few questions.

Why does the EVO kit come with a nut on the new drag link but instructs you to use the stock nut to install the drag link? Would there be a problem with using the new nut since my old one was damaged during removal?

The instructions do not address the steering stabilizer. The flip bracket has a hole for remounting the SS however the SS housing contacts the Flip Kit bracket. I located a post by Weeee on this topic in 2016 that drtnwtr posted the pic below. It looks as if in this pic the nut included on the new drag link was used for the spacer on the SS to avoid the SS housing from bottoming out on the flip kit bracket. Can anyone confirm that is correct. Thanks for all the help, GREAT FORUM! IMG_0206.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I have been a member for awhile but only trolled until this post. Last weekend I installed a EVO Enforcer stage 1 3” lift and each time I needed some advice i googled my question and a WAYALIFE Project JK posts site answered it. Great information delivered in an unassuming way. No matter how basic the questions seem to be they are always answered without anyone looking down at you, and like many other noobs out there, I had some basic questions.

Now today I am installing the EVO drag link flip kit, with the advice I found on several WAYALIFT posts it went on fairly smoothly but I have a few questions.

Why does the EVO kit come with a nut on the new drag link but instructs you to use the stock nut to install the drag link? Would there be a problem with using the new nut since my old one was damaged during removal?

The instructions do not address the steering stabilizer. The flip bracket has a hole for remounting the SS however the SS housing contacts the Flip Kit bracket. I located a post by Weeee on this topic in 2016 that drtnwtr posted the pic below. It looks as if in this pic the nut included on the new drag link was used for the spacer on the SS to avoid the SS housing from bottoming out on the flip kit bracket. Can anyone confirm that is correct. Thanks for all the help, GREAT FORUM! View attachment 348860

Not sure why not use the new nut on the draglink. I did the same thing that is pictured in that post using hardware I had and its worked fine for 8 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Welcome to the wonderful world of Evo instructions....enter sarcasm here.

I use the nut that came on the drag link with zero issues.

I did not use the nut as a spacer I used a misalignment spacer but suits the same purpose.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MORedJeep

Perfect thanks MericaMade, and yah, they miss a few things in their instructions but the WAYALIFE community filled in nicely where EVO fell a little short.

I’ve got it all installed, aligned the steering wheel as best I could, and it runs great. A little shimmy at around 60 but I’m taking it to a local off-road (mainly Jeep) shop for a once over, alignment and some peace of mind.

Next, finding some 35’s and off-road terrain.

MORedJeep

Adding to an old thread concerning the a EVO drag link flip kit I installed, the ball joint on the pitman arm side of the drag link needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on is good replacement? Any of them better than the rest?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Adding to an old thread concerning the a EVO drag link flip kit I installed, the ball joint on the pitman arm side of the drag link needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on is good replacement? Any of them better than the rest?
You can buy moog or mopar. Both would be fine.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just installed the Evo drag link flip yesterday on Bearbait. Got it all wrapped up besides the sway bar links which I have a question on for those of you who have installed this. Did you have issues with reusing links that were meant for 4 inches of lift since the brackets raise the mounting point?
IMG_3457.jpeg

Just installed the Evo drag link flip yesterday on Bearbait. Got it all wrapped up besides the sway bar links which I have a question on for those of you who have installed this. Did you have issues with reusing links that were meant for 4 inches of lift since the brackets raise the mounting point?
View attachment 394574
From the looks of your pic, they are where they need to be. At full droop, you don’t want the links and the sway bar to become “in line” with each other and want a slight bend.

Jsouder53

Hooked
From the looks of your pic, they are where they need to be. At full droop, you don’t want the links and the sway bar to become “in line” with each other and want a slight bend.
I should’ve noted, this was the picture off of the instructions. I’ll post a picture of my Jeep later today, it was late last night and my picture didn’t come out well lol I just used that image for a reference of what brackets I was talking about.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Here are the pictures I just took. I’m thinking of reinstalling it in the factory location with a longer bolt. Do you think there would be an issue there? (This picture is from the instructions as well).
IMG_3478.jpeg Or do you think the angle is fine being up with it installed on the bracket? I know it’s preferred to be at about a 90* angle.
IMG_3472.jpeg IMG_3471.jpeg
If not, I’ll have to order some new swag bar links unfortunately…

Honestly it looks fine to me. Angled up a bit is totally fine. If you get the chance to droop it out, you can confirm they are long enough but I’m willing to bet you are just fine.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Honestly it looks fine to me. Angled up a bit is totally fine. If you get the chance to droop it out, you can confirm they are long enough but I’m willing to bet you are just fine.
Thanks for letting me know, I’ll run it the way it is in that case 👍 I’ll eventually get some new links because one has been rattling lately. Just wasn’t wanting to spend the money on that right now.

Top Bottom