Evo double throw down rear suspension

TheGrendel

Motobilt just came out with their rear JK tank. Significantly cheaper than the Genright tank. Triangulated 4 link. Do it.

MericaMade

Since with are throwing kits around, has anyone looked into the excessive industries kit? They have a 2.5x14 coilver over longarm 3 link rear that retains the stock gas tank. I havent heard much about this kit.

Gecko13

Since with are throwing kits around, has anyone looked into the excessive industries kit? They have a 2.5x14 coilver over longarm 3 link rear that retains the stock gas tank. I havent heard much about this kit.
Just googled this when I saw your post. Very interesting!

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I have been looking at this set up too. I like the fact they address moving the ECM and the rear set up through the tub. I have been meaning to call him to chat about the set up.

MericaMade

I have been looking at this set up too. I like the fact they address moving the ECM and the rear set up through the tub. I have been meaning to call him to chat about the set up.
They are about 40 mins away and if I get a chance I was going to swing by their shop and chat with them.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
They are about 40 mins away and if I get a chance I was going to swing by their shop and chat with them.
Looks pretty cool! I guess my hang up would be the lack of redundancy in the rear three link. I realize it's probably one really really strong joint in the upper arm/track bar but that seems like a big ask.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Looks pretty cool! I guess my hang up would be the lack of redundancy in the rear three link. I realize it's probably one really really strong joint in the upper arm/track bar but that seems like a big ask.
I would not really be as interested in the three link. If I’m going through the tub it’s to 4-link it. I really more am interested in their front to run longer CO

KevinG

Caught the Bug
I would not really be as interested in the three link. If I’m going through the tub it’s to 4-link it. I really more am interested in their front to run longer CO
And I would be interested in following you after longer CO's are in it! That is as long as I can keep from taking a "nap" :ROFLMAO:

wjtstudios

Hooked
And I would be interested in following you after longer CO's are in it! That is as long as I can keep from taking a "nap" :ROFLMAO:
That never happens 🤣

I refer to Jeff as my blue guinea pig. It’s been great because our jeep were built pretty similarly and I could follow him about anywhere, but now if he goes that route, I’ll have to think twice!

bhaner

I refer to Jeff as my blue guinea pig. It’s been great because our jeep were built pretty similarly and I could follow him about anywhere, but now if he goes that route, I’ll have to think twice!
I try to get him to test things out as well...

All I get is "I follow the red jeep" Blah Blah Blah... LOL

There is never any shortage of people willing to "Put a tire on it" when you have Jeff, WC Jerry and myself on a trail... It's like a trifecta of "hold my beer and watch this"...

Weebz

Caught the Bug
That never happens 🤣

No. I don’t expect longer CO is going to change what I can or will do. I expect it will make less difficult to find the right line. So far the easy bolt on coilovers haven’t limited me. I just can’t stand the damn mounts hanging low. Drives me insane.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I try to get him to test things out as well...

All I get is "I follow the red jeep" Blah Blah Blah... LOL

There is never any shortage of people willing to "Put a tire on it" when you have Jeff, WC Jerry and myself on a trail... It's like a trifecta of "hold my beer and watch this"...
The problem here Byron is those damn stickies!!!! Those suckers change things. I gauge my confidence on how much you struggle keeping a grip with your cheaters.

Top Bottom