EVO corners

TonyT

Caught the Bug
That's pretty cheap for powder coating. I would love to go that route. I powered my broncos super lift suspension years ago from yellow to red. Absolutely pleased with the results. There is a place in town I might stop by and check out. Looks good!

It's in the lower-end of what most of the shops around phoenix charge. Thing is, he is a perfectionist and does damn good work, so I keep going back.

Arizona

It's in the lower-end of what most of the shops around phoenix charge. Thing is, he is a perfectionist and does damn good work, so I keep going back.

Where do you go? I've been taking my stuff to AZ powdercoat.. They just re-did my front two fenders for $25 a piece!

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Where do you go? I've been taking my stuff to AZ powdercoat.. They just re-did my front two fenders for $25 a piece!

I've used AZ Powdercoat a few times before. They did a damn good job restoring an old (mid 50's/Snap-on) toolbox my son and I were restoring a couple years ago. White is a tough color to do and it came out awesome.

I tried this guy out cause he's closer to me and I was able to drop-off & pick-up on Saturday cause I couldn't get away from work. Wasn't until I checked out his garage that I saw he does work for Geiser Bros. and Paul Yaffe to name a couple.

ARC POWDERCOAT

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Does anyone live in a moist environment? Perhaps you guys are lucky. Where I live I can not use counter sunk bolts like that, I use bolt heads. The reason being in a few years they seize to hell here and strip out easily. I just removed like 18 of them and I had to drill them all out... what a pain. Even being stainless steel. Just a thought.

Btw, those corners look nice! I use 2-4 coats of POR-15 topped with black POR-15 bedliner to paint all my stuff. Tough as nails.

I had this problem before, then on my latest install I went ahead and used anti-seez on every bolt.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
So what are you guys putting between the panels and/or sealant for the top edge?

Nothing.

I had the AEV rear corners on my Jeep for over 5 years, It was good as new underneath them.

EC434D4B-515A-4507-8116-C7904FCF6EEC_zpsbu5y75vh.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
So what are you guys putting between the panels and/or sealant for the top edge?

I just ran a bead of silicone along the top and front edges of the skins to try to keep crap from running down between them and the body. I left the bottoms open so no moisture would get trapped.

Nothing.

I had the AEV rear corners on my Jeep for over 5 years, It was good as new underneath them.

EC434D4B-515A-4507-8116-C7904FCF6EEC_zpsbu5y75vh.jpg

This is why us guys out East are so jealous of you guys out West. You really don't have rust issues.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I was thinking the silicone as well. I wanted to do silver, but the two power coat companies I went to did not have a close enough silver to my liking. So I think I'm going a semi black. They will do both for $50 a side front and back. Cheaper than I thought. I'm also up in the air about if I should size first then coat or coat and install. Any opinions?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I analyze shit too much. One powder coat option was a black n silver hammer tone. I just don't want to be on the thread light it on fire. Lol!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I analyze shit too much. One powder coat option was a black n silver hammer tone. I just don't want to be on the thread light it on fire. Lol!

I used Hammer Tone paint on my Overland trailer. Although it was great color wise, I didn't care for the texture. It didn't trap dirt like a Bedliner, just more of a taste thing. If it were me, I would choose a powdercoat color I could touch up myself with spray paint that's close in color and texture. That way if you scratch them up, you can just touch them up with a few quick coats.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I used Hammer Tone paint on my Overland trailer. Although it was great color wise, I didn't care for the texture. It didn't trap dirt like a Bedliner, just more of a taste thing. If it were me, I would choose a powdercoat color I could touch up myself with spray paint that's close in color and texture. That way if you scratch them up, you can just touch them up with a few quick coats.

Yeah, I think you and the others are right Joe. I'm gonna go black. Thank you all for the advice. Can't wait to get this going.

Top Bottom