Evo Control Arms

Kwwilly15

image.jpg image.jpg

I had this lift installed and I feel as if the control arms are binding. Are they installed correctly. Thanks in advance!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes and no. Yes they are installed correctly in the fact that the bend is facing inward. No they are not because the zerk fittings are facing down as well as the lock nut. Swap the arms and reinstall. Make sure you don't torque them down till you are on level ground. While your at it untorque and retorque the rest of your control arms

rogerk93

Your control arms are not centered properly and it is causing the joints to rub that's the noise you are hearing. Loosen the jam nut and put a pry bar in between the joints and the bracket then tighten the jam nut it will prevent it from moving

rogerk93

Yes and no. Yes they are installed correctly in the fact that the bend is facing inward. No they are not because the zerk fittings are facing down as well as the lock nut. Swap the arms and reinstall. Make sure you don't torque them down till you are on level ground. While your at it untorque and retorque the rest of your control arms

That's also correct I didn't see that at first.

TFD

Your control arms are not centered properly and it is causing the joints to rub that's the noise you are hearing. Loosen the jam nut and put a pry bar in between the joints and the bracket then tighten the jam nut it will prevent it from moving

I thought the joints were supposed to move a little from side to side?

Clark Collins

Why DIY is best

I guess this is another indication of why it is best to DIY. Now you will have to take it apart and do it right yourself. When I installed mine I had to grind out some of the front CA mount so that I could get to the zirks that are on top of the CA.

Kwwilly15

I guess this is another indication of why it is best to DIY. Now you will have to take it apart and do it right yourself. When I installed mine I had to grind out some of the front CA mount so that I could get to the zirks that are on top of the CA.

When I bought the lift I did not have the proper tools to do the lift . I am slowly getting and buying things I need to be able to do everything. Now I will fix this myself and I couldn't agree more with you DIY is the way to go!

Tree Frog

Is this a weld I am seeing here? If so it should not be here. This needs to move for adjustment and to take that twist out of the joints.
(Unless I am an idiot and Evo has changed something that I dont yet understand then nevermind.)

Welded long arm.jpg

Tree Frog

Also in order to flip these two arms you are going to have to swap them from side to side. Ya cant just flip them over. (Just did not want you to spend a bunch of time and then go :doh:)

Tree Frog

Yeah your right.
Sucks to be an old guy with poor eyesight. Gots to git me one of those monitor like Fox News got. WTF are they like 50 inch?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Cozdude is correct but just so you know, I have EVO control arms and the joints on mine rarely stay truly vertical. Even when I use a pry bar and correct them, the minute I go off road, they turn. I stopped obsessing about it but I doubt yours will stay centered even when you install them correctly. I should note that it's the whole arm that rotates and not just the joint.

Last edited:

rogerk93

Cozdude is correct but just so you know, I have EVO control arms and the joints on mine rarely stay truly vertical. Even when I use a pry bar and correct them, the minute I go off road, they turn. I stopped obsessing about it but I doubt yours will stay centered even when you install them correctly. I should note that it's the whole arm that rotates and not just the joint.

Your right I found they do go back to one side but it squeak a little less since I straightened them out the first time.

Top Bottom