Evening everyone, I'm glad to be here

I'm an old man swapping out two wheels for four. I was an avid motorcyclist. Riding for 30+ years and track coaching for almost 15. Had some recent crashes and realized I'm not 25 any more. Hell, I'm not 45 anymore.

Me and the wife, and the two kids, got a 2018 JLU in the summer of 2018 as a fun car because we always wanted one. To smooth my transition, mark that as bribe me, from motorcycles to off roadering, my wife got me an off-road 101 course up in Pennsylvania for my 50th birthday back in July 2023. I was thoroughly amazed at what a bone stock 2018 Jeep JLU Sport S can do.

A few days later I found Eddie on Youtube and I've been gobbling up the videos over the past few months, watching all of the transitions of Jeeps and all the educational work videos. Seems like a lot of the same things I did for racing motorcycles, just bigger and heavier. I've only gone back as far as the JLU purchase in 2018, for watching the videos that is, as it's what applies to my jeep.

I wanted to say thanks to Eddie and Cindy for all the educational and entertainment videos I've watched. You both treat the jeep community much like I treated the motorcycle and track day community. I have a Youtube channel that I would put up track videos, nothing instructional, just a video log of track time. I haven't done anything with it for several years as I've been "retired" from track riding for that long. But, the track coach gig was a volunteer job and I spent weekends at various east coast tracks teaching newbies to the faster folks how to do anything on a bike, including make it go faster. I can relate to so much of what you and Cindy do with your channel and I have a tremendous amount of respect for the two of you. Thanks for all the stuff you've done. It's been a huge help to me.

I'm excited to get started on building my JLU up a bit and thought I would get on the boards here and ask questions and share the stuff that I learn.

So, Hey everybody!

Call me PK or Kev or Kevin... and yes, my undergraduate degree is in physics

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy and I are truly humbled that you would say as much as you have and we’re so happy to hear that you enjoy our videos. For whatever it’s worth, there are tons of guys just like you who’ve made the transition from bikes to Jeeps. Anyway, welcome to WAYALIFE, it’s great to have you here 👍🏻

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Now off to figure out what to do tire wise. 33's or large 33's. I'll have a new post with my idea to see if it's a good one.

Welcome to Wayalife from SoCal!

While I'm not even 25 lol, I want to get more into motorcycles. Been riding dirt bikes since I was a little kid, but thinking about picking up a cruiser or other street bike thanks to California's swarming gas prices. Cool story though!

Also a Sport S owner here, Built up pretty modestly as it got me 99.9% of the places I wanted to get to when it was stock.

Top Bottom