Evaporation canister

Jinx

To keep a long story short, I have a broken connection on my evap can. It’s the largest one. My question is ,can I still drive my truck ( pavement ) until a new one arrives or should I leave it parked ?

kevman65

Hooked
It may throw a code and dash light.
It may drip fuel if the line is broken.
If the solenoid faults with it, will make fueling up difficult as the tank won't vent.
It won't hurt anything to drive it.

Jinx

So I received and installed my new evaporation canister today,cleared alarms and did a full reboot with taper mini but my “check gas cap” warning will not go away. And thoughts or suggestions?

WJCO

Meme King
Check around the canister for any other broken lines. Also, some vehicles have to go through several cycles to get lights out. Honestly, if it were me, I'd disconnect the batteries for a short time to see if that clears it.

Jinx

Check around the canister for any other broken lines. Also, some vehicles have to go through several cycles to get lights out. Honestly, if it were me, I'd disconnect the batteries for a short time to see if that clears it.
Thanks I’ll give that a try

kevman65

Hooked
Yes, disconnecting the battery cables from main battery, then separating the aux battery cables from the main battery cables and leaving off for ten minutes does a hard reboot of the system.
It can take 24-48 hours for everything to update and be fully functional again.

Top Bottom