Et Tu, Brute?...Part Deux

Brute

Hooked
As you can tell, I was not able to fit the full sized fly rod holder and still get my truck into my garage...so I removed half of the tube length in order to fit them on the side. I am still able to fully rig up with leader, tippet and fly, then break the rods down in half...even my 10' rods still fit... R9.JPG

Brute

Hooked
That is the best rod tube set up I’ve ever seen. So much nicer at half length. (Not what she said)
The full length tubes were two part with a clamp in the middle...I just needed to drill out the aluminum rivets on the end cap, remove the middle clamp, and put the end cap back on.

The other benefit of putting the rod rack on it's side is the rods don't ride on the guides...which could be an issue if you drive like Eddie on dirt roads...

Brute

Hooked
7863FE66-0E1F-482E-B22E-C9C8892FF082.jpeg I was hoping all of my awning extensions & bug room from my Xventure trailer would fit my new awning, since they changed the name of the model...they do. Next, I need to drag out the trailer, empty it, take a bunch of pics and put it up for sale...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
As you can tell, I was not able to fit the full sized fly rod holder and still get my truck into my garage...so I removed half of the tube length in order to fit them on the side. I am still able to fully rig up with leader, tippet and fly, then break the rods down in half...even my 10' rods still fit... View attachment 364079
Ah makes sense now with the tire. Thought that was a deck there. Couldn’t tell since I’m not a deck expect.

View attachment 364082 I was hoping all of my awning extensions & bug room from my Xventure trailer would fit my new awning, since they changed the name of the model...they do. Next, I need to drag out the trailer, empty it, take a bunch of pics and put it up for sale...

Was this tent on your trailer? I can’t remember what you had on top of the Xventure

MericaMade

View attachment 303943

Doing some changes to Brute...recently received 5 Cooper STT Pro's 40x13.50xR17 to start. Dynatrac XD60 front with 1550LT wheel ends, XD60 rear, ARB lockers & 5:38 gears have been ordered and being built...TrailReady Beadlocks with 5.5" back spacing & 8x6.5 bolt pattern powder coated satin black also ordered...EVO Double D Pro suspension with King air bumps & cans, PSC hydro assist and a GenRight front bumper identical to the one on my JK6 is also in the works...
So are you gonna do a burn out video with the other tires?

jeeeep

Hooked
looks great, like the low profile RTT.

The fly rod holder is larger than I thought it would be, was also expecting some sort of padding to keep things from bouncing around (so many jokes there, I had to laugh while typing it out)

nice touch the the spare tire drop

Brute

Hooked
looks great, like the low profile RTT.

The fly rod holder is larger than I thought it would be, was also expecting some sort of padding to keep things from bouncing around (so many jokes there, I had to laugh while typing it out)

nice touch the the spare tire drop
trailer with rod tubes.JPG
They are half the length they originally were...

Top Bottom