ESC Malfunction Warning Light Question

LeighP

Hey, guys....

OK.....so I've knocked the steering wheel a little off centre while out climbing hills (I'll post up some pics in the trip area :) )....wheel is a couple of inches to the right.
Car still tracks and drives exactly as it did before, but I now have the ESC Malfunction light on permanently.
I'm going to get an alignment tomorrow and get the wheel centred again.

My questions....

1. Will the ESC Malfunction warning reset itself after the steering is centred?
2. If the answer to the above question is "no", will disconnecting the battery for a few minutes help? (if I do that, will I have any trouble with security codes on the stereo, etc?)
3. If I'm out of luck....is my option for resetting the ESC Mal Warning to take it to Jeep?

Many thanks, guys. Appreciate any help.

dunstan74

Save you cash at the alignment shop and recenter it yourself, its just two 15mm bolts on the draglink theres a write up here im pretty sure.

Once the wheel is centered the light should go out.

LeighP

Thanks for the help, guys.....all straightened out and the ESC Malfunction light is gone. It did take a disconnect of the battery to make it leave, though. :thumb:
The adjuster clamp nuts weren't very tight at all....I think a few days of rough trails and hill climbs may have vibrated the adjuster and put the wheel off centre.

Top Bottom