End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

Had an incredible trip! Wouldn't change anything from the wayalife runs this summer leading up to this. Just a big thank you to Trevor for putting this trip together and thanks to everybody else for making this the run of the summer. Hopefully we (roscoe and i)will get to see everybody at next year's end of summer! ~More than a Jeep, it's a WAYALIFE~

Roscoe is a champ! Someone even decided to leave a portrait of him on my jeep!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439528461.382913.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439544294.696339.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439544310.540373.jpg
Apparently, Uwharrie and my rear diff didn't get along. The good news is it is still full of fluid. The lip that the diff cover makes is a serious design flaw.

So my wife looks at me at the dinner table last night and says "so are we going back to Uwharrie this weekend to do Daniel and Dutch John?" ... that's my girl! :rock:

But I did want to say thank you to Trevor, Ty, Chad, Matt and everyone else who lead one of the groups and helped put this all together - Trevor I think with this being your first time organizing a run like this you did an amazing job and we had a freakin' blast. Took on some great trails, met some awesome people and formed some a few lasting friendships that we wouldn't have if it wasn't for WAL ... there is a true sense of community here and that's what we like most about this forum ...

The wifey and I look forward to next years run, and what ever pops up in between ... I mean shit a years a long time!

But we really enjoyed meeting everyone and my sincerest apologies to anyone I didn't have the pleasure of offending, I mean meeting ... :brows:

- Donnie

So my wife looks at me at the dinner table last night and says "so are we going back to Uwharrie this weekend to do Daniel and Dutch John?" ... that's my girl! :rock:

But I did want to say thank you to Trevor, Ty, Chad, Matt and everyone else who lead one of the groups and helped put this all together - Trevor I think with this being your first time organizing a run like this you did an amazing job and we had a freakin' blast. Took on some great trails, met some awesome people and formed some a few lasting friendships that we wouldn't have if it wasn't for WAL ... there is a true sense of community here and that's what we like most about this forum ...

The wifey and I look forward to next years run, and what ever pops up in between ... I mean shit a years a long time!

But we really enjoyed meeting everyone and my sincerest apologies to anyone I didn't have the pleasure of offending, I mean meeting ... :brows:

- Donnie

Thanks Donnie, glad you and the wife had a great time. We'll have plenty of runs before next year's End of Summer Run! Hope to see you guys again soon.

I too wanted to say I had a great time and met some nice folks. And thanks to Trever for putting this trip together and the spotters that helped us in the easy group run Dutch John. I learned that I needed to gain clearance on my fender flares with 33" tires. Flares were cut Monday. Ready to roll. Headed to Gulches on Saturday Aug 15 to check it out. Nice pictures and videos too!

I too wanted to say I had a great time and met some nice folks. And thanks to Trever for putting this trip together and the spotters that helped us in the easy group run Dutch John. I learned that I needed to gain clearance on my fender flares with 33" tires. Flares were cut Monday. Ready to roll. Headed to Gulches on Saturday Aug 15 to check it out. Nice pictures and videos too!

Man I was looking for you. I had those shocks lol

Glad you had a great time! This event would have been nothing without all of you. Glad you got the fenders cut. Have fun at Gulches!

Just now getting to the video footage from this ride, should have a link to the video here shortly :thumb: If you were in the hard group, chances is that I have some footage of you on first ledge of Daniel.

Looks like you all had a blast! Really had hoped to make it but had last minute work crisis and ended up wheelin' a big yellow box truck from VA to Brooklyn and back instead 😭

Hope to be able to join next time!

No problem, my pleasure...hope you guys enjoyed it, put some music in there to help with the length of the video. Look forward to another ride. I'm actually otw back to Uwharrie for another epic weekend 😁👍

That video was amazing. I have watched it 4 times with anyone willing to sit through it.

Can't wait to get back out there.

Top Bottom