Elite Gears

JoeB-JKURX

Has anyone here used or even heard of Elite Ring and Pinion Gears? They are the least expensive R&P (for either Dana 30/44 or 44/44 - Rubicon) with master install kits that I've found at $575 and free shipping. I found them on e-bay and you can buy them there or at a store called Ron's Machining Service. They sound like any of the others but they are anywhere from about $100 to $400 cheaper than others I've found so a person might be a bit concerned how they could sell them so inexpensively.

Here's how they are described on e-bay:

Elite ring and pinion sets use the latest engineering and manufacturing technology to produce OEM quality gears at an affordable price. All Elite gears are machined from premium 8620 alloy steel, then heat treated to the strictest standards for maximum strength and durability. Elite gears then go through an extensive lapping process to assure easy setup, excellent contact patterns, and quiet operation. Elite gears include a 1-year warranty.

Elite premium master install kits are engineered per application and use only the highest quality components including Timken bearings. These kits are among the highest quality kits on the market today. Included are carrier bearings and races, pinion bearings and races, pinion seal, complete shim kit, ring gear bolts, pinion nut, crush collar (if applicable), threadlock, marking compound, brush, and gasket or rtv silicone.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
There are things on eBay I wouldn't trust buying and IMO this is one of them. I know that gears are all made in the same plant in Korea but I still wouldn't trust these.

swampdog

You can get Yukon, Revolution etc. (good brand names) for $600 delivered all day with master kits. Don't buy that cheap eBay shit.

Azzi

NOT something you want to take a chance on........
BEING CHEAP IS MORE EXPENSIVE!!

I did it on an early model Bronco in a pinch and regretted it every time I decelerated. The whine was terrible!!

WJCO

Meme King
Don't do it. The parts price and labor involved is just something you want to do right. And as mentioned, those prices aren't much cheaper.

Napalm

I bought wheel spacers off eBay last year and learned my lesson when 3 of the 5 lugs sheered right off the spacer going down the road at 40mph. This was about 4 months after I bought them.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
my motto has always been don't buy it just because it saves a few bucks when its something that is major ... spend the couple extra bucks and get something that is gonna hold up ... and to answer the question nope never heard of them

Ddays

Hooked
Something else to consider - ask the shop doing the install what they normally use. Chances are they are going to use a good quality supplier as they have to warranty their work. If you're doing the work yourself I'd do as others already suggested....

Top Bottom