Electronic sway bar disconnect

wutwasithnkn

Ok so this is an old topic from what I read but I seem to have slightly different issue.

My disconnect won’t disconnect. When I push the button it just flashes and you can hear the motor trying to cycle. I am guessing it is corroded inside like some I have seen and will need to have it torn apart and cleaned up or replaced altogether.

However I am in Utah for the holidays and drive it here to do some fun. Today was more than a little challenging without them disconnected. Can I simply unbolt the links and tie them up like I see many do on videos online? None of those jeeps seem to have electronic discos.

Oh yeah...and I have to reconnect and drive back cross country. If that matters in the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks all. Going to head out for a short run tomorrow after Christmas breakfast. Will unbolt and go try it out. Unfortunately I don’t have time for a shipment (already looked at options for EVO...but couldn’t find a way to get before Friday with the holiday (maybe Thursday at best)

Had a great day after disconnecting. Went to Sand Hollow in St. George and had a lot of fun. Unfortunately I lost the bushing out of the sway bar link so had to purchase new links for ride home. Note to others....zip tie the bushing as well as the links!IMG_3339.JPG

Top Bottom