Electronic Stability Control (ESC) activating after spring installation?

SWRUBI

Changed my rear springs this morning and after driving the Jeep around, have the ESC light on the dash come on (you can also hear/feel the ESC system kicking in and rapid pulse braking) when exiting the freeway or turning on transition ramps. This has happened minimally with the old set up but after installing just the rear OME HD coils had this happen 4-5 times today only. Steering wheel is centered and wondering what else could be the problem or pointers as to what I should be looking at or for? I only changed the rear springs and the fronts were not worked on.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Do you still have any slack in the rear ABS line after you installed your rear springs? Could you take a few pictures of your rear axle and springs?

Are you only mid lift install and started with the rear or are you doing something else to get the front up? Also do you have a 2-door or a 4? We have one of each and I can tell you the 2-door ESC is MUCH more sensitive and kicks in more for silly things like banked turns. (or 2dr is an 11' and our 4 is a 13')

Did you do anything to correct the roll center? (rear track bar bracket)

SWRUBI

I guess there is an adaption period. Right after I installed there springs, the system went a little haywire. Seems to be good to go now. When I did the install thinking back on it, I dropped the rear axle and it somewhat tugged the electrical wiring in the wiring harness. I assume the wire attached to the axle with two anchors is the ESC?? Can anyone confirm definitively that this is the ESC or something else? Lastly, anyone know of the part number or reference to these anchor tree tabs (right above the lower bump stop plate on the axle)?? Dealer tells me they only sell the whole wiring harness!!

IMG_3411.jpg

SaddleTramp

I guess there is an adaption period. Right after I installed there springs, the system went a little haywire. Seems to be good to go now. When I did the install thinking back on it, I dropped the rear axle and it somewhat tugged the electrical wiring in the wiring harness. I assume the wire attached to the axle with two anchors is the ESC?? Can anyone confirm definitively that this is the ESC or something else? Lastly, anyone know of the part number or reference to these anchor tree tabs (right above the lower bump stop plate on the axle)?? Dealer tells me they only sell the whole wiring harness!!

The wires you questioned stretching above are the rear wheel speed sensors. The ESC system gets input from them among other sensors. New front sensors come with the wire attached and the plug at the frame end of the attached wire. The rear sensors are separately plugged into the wire on the axle side and the wire is part of a larger frame wire harness. The pictured (below) part is a new plug and wire kit that would need to be soldered in as a replacement.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423002779.608572.jpg

SWRUBI

The wires you questioned stretching above are the rear wheel speed sensors. The ESC system gets input from them among other sensors. New front sensors come with the wire attached and the plug at the frame end of the attached wire. The rear sensors are separately plugged into the wire on the axle side and the wire is part of a larger frame wire harness. The pictured (below) part is a new plug and wire kit that would need to be soldered in as a replacement.

View attachment 122580

Thanks for the info, part number and details:)

Top Bottom