EDGE of PIZEN

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the weather super nice out again, I finally got a chance to get back out and do some hilling over the soil that I tilled last week :cool:
20240308201252-1e3d83e6.jpg

20240308201258-11d08d8b.jpg

20240308201256-0f2c8f56.jpg

So nice to have some proper rows 😁
20240308201254-56f33039.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good!! Are you sure you weren’t a farmer in some past life? @AZVAJKU this is definitely the bugout location when shit goes south. Remote, food and water LOL
Thanks and I’ve just been helping Cindy out. She’s the real farmer. And yes, this place and Ely are definitely bug out spots for us 👍🏻

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Looks great. How was the baseline pH when you first started? Can't recall if you said, but had the previous owner farmed this area before you got it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great. How was the baseline pH when you first started? Can't recall if you said, but had the previous owner farmed this area before you got it?
pH in Northern Nevada is typically pretty high. Ours was 7.9 but anything under 8 will still produce a good garden. The boost we got had sulfer added to it to help lower our pH to a more optimal level.

Not sure about the previous owner specifically but the area that we're working was farmed for sure. It's very level and on our site map, the area is listed as "edge of field" and there is an old irrigation ditch that is still present that marks it off.

Top Bottom