Ecstatically waving from Okinawa Japan!

OllllO Fanatic

Hi all!! ecstatic wave from Okinawa because I have started the trail to getting a 2 door JK Rubicon. When I return state side I will have my "dream" Jeep waiting at the dealer the day I arrive. It has been a long back and forth battle between getting a used TJ and a brand new JK, but after watching Wayoflife's youtube videos, and listening to my wife, I decided to go with the JK. Here in Oki I found a '95 RHD Cherokee and a few small areas to satisfy the 'froad'n itch. Vegas is my goal as I would enjoying driving the Rubicon, especially if I could get wayoflife and a few others from the excellent videos they made, to come out with me. :standing wave:

LOL!! Welcome to WAYALIFE!! We're so glad that you found us and would love to go wheeling with you once you get back. :cool:

My wife's family as well as my Parents all live just north of Austin, that will be where I pick up my jeep in May ish.

I live in Austin! I would highly recommend hitting up Hidden Falls before you head further west! Perhaps not as breath taking as Moab or the Rubicon... But still a good number of trails for stock to highly modified rigs!

I live in Austin! I would highly recommend hitting up Hidden Falls before you head further west! Perhaps not as breath taking as Moab or the Rubicon... But still a good number of trails for stock to highly modified rigs!

Hidden Falls?????? Where is that? And I am assuming it is and OHV place? I will be in Georgetown for a few weeks before making a journey to VA, NH, and then which ever of the bases I may end up at... Keeping my fingers crossed for Vegas.

Hidden Falls?????? Where is that? And I am assuming it is and OHV place? I will be in Georgetown for a few weeks before making a journey to VA, NH, and then which ever of the bases I may end up at... Keeping my fingers crossed for Vegas.

http://hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/

3000 acres of hill country Texas. I've taken my stock '13 JKUR out there and had a blast. With a group of folks, I'll do some of the more extreme trails, but my buddy in his '08 JKUS with no lockers and 32" A/T tires was able to do all their level 2s and a few level 3s and it was muddy as heck that day!

I just found there web site, and no kidding I know where it is I have driven past it more than once. 1431 is right by where my parents live, only a few exits away. I've driven west on 1431 to get to Enchanted rock. I will have to make a trip there as soon as I get my Jeep, probably not the first day, but the second is definitely a possibility. Need to get that first scratch out of the way:doh:

I just found there web site, and no kidding I know where it is I have driven past it more than once. 1431 is right by where my parents live, only a few exits away. I've driven west on 1431 to get to Enchanted rock. I will have to make a trip there as soon as I get my Jeep, probably not the first day, but the second is definitely a possibility. Need to get that first scratch out of the way:doh:

Sounds about right! I picked my Jeep up on a Friday(dec 21)and had it on the trails on Sunday (dec 23)!

Welcome to WAL! Man I was stationed out there at Kadena from '07-'10 and I miss the hell out of it. You def got some good areas to wheel out there for sure. Just north of Kadena on 58 there are trails that go back in the jungle all the way behind the Bomb dump on Kadena. There were a few groups that used to get together and hit the trails when I was out there. And if you're lucky enough to get in close with the locals they are out there in Jimny's every weekend. Good luck man and enjoy it while you're there!

Welcome to WAL! Man I was stationed out there at Kadena from '07-'10 and I miss the hell out of it. You def got some good areas to wheel out there for sure. Just north of Kadena on 58 there are trails that go back in the jungle all the way behind the Bomb dump on Kadena. There were a few groups that used to get together and hit the trails when I was out there. And if you're lucky enough to get in close with the locals they are out there in Jimny's every weekend. Good luck man and enjoy it while you're there!

I've been here since May 2010, and Spider Alley is real small now, too much wash out, kind of a bummer. Onna again is small but combining sprider alley and onna is a half dayish. The golf course is large but its 2 hours drive so kind of a pain. I get by with what I have and make due. And we have a forum now and have get togethers go wheel, sometimes drag out a grill and have some food. What was your job here? Are you still in? and are you/ were you air force?

Top Bottom