East Coast Storm on 07 Aug

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The North-facing routes already get jammed for hours on the holidays, as they surely will be on this Labor Day. If the power is out, none of the traffic lights will be working. Gas stations will soon be empty, if their pumps can even work at all. There is just no good evacuation route, just as we have seen in other disasters, such as with New Orleans.

Surviving 4-1/2 days with virtually no power in Texas's -1 degree weather event was a wake-up call for me. But little preparation for another such event has been done since then.
You are correct regarding the crazy flow of traffic out of The Valley on Holiday Weekends. I remember many hours stuck in traffic on I-17 or The Beeline Hwy. All it takes is It’s madness.

When I still lived in Phoenix I scouted a route to Payson that was almost completely off-road. Only about two miles of it was on pavement and that was towards the end. I drove it many times.

I would bet if there is ever a real disaster the main roads out of The Valley will be shut down to traffic.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The Valley has turned into east LA I would leave this state before I’d live in the Phoenix metro again.
Sadly the state has change a lot and I completely agree with your assessment. I had many great adventures in Arizona and I really enjoyed growing up there.

JT@623

Hooked
Sadly the state has change a lot and I completely agree with your assessment. I had many great adventures in Arizona and I really enjoyed growing up there.
Not all of the state!
No not all of it. Pima and Maricopa have turned into liberal shit holes. I am a native Arizonan I can remember when bell road was dirt and east Mesa was orange groves and orchards. Cattle,Copper and Cotton built AZ now the farm lands have been turned into subdivisions and the ranchers are slowly being squeezed out Copper is still relevant now that everyone needs it.

Dale72

Hooked
We had some heavy rain and some high winds a few days the past couple weeks. I think the winds reached up around 18 or 19 mph

Top Bottom