E-Locker question

Oh and do the lights on your dash still work?

2014 JKUR

The Rubi lockers use a separate switch to detect the lockers true position (locked or unlocked). In other words voltage applied to activate the locker (connector on top of pumpkin) does just that, it activates the locking mechanism inside. The other switch that detects the true position is on the LH slide of the front pumpkin. You can route that switch's wiring to another dash switch (or relay if you're clever) to manage the dash lights.

I have done this for testing purposes. It worked, but I was not doing the same thing as your are. ESP uses the lockers true position to make decisions on how to handle ESP events. Remember, if you fool the system into thinking the locker is NOT locked when it is, ESP will see events it thinks it should correct. Likewise, if you're driving on the highway and ESP thinks lockers are still engaged, I cannot predict what it will and will not do. Limp mode seems likely.

Just make sure you give the computer correct info on the aftermarket lockers true position, and it should work as if the Rubi locker is still on-board.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The Rubi lockers use a separate switch to detect the lockers true position (locked or unlocked). In other words voltage applied to activate the locker (connector on top of pumpkin) does just that, it activates the locking mechanism inside. The other switch that detects the true position is on the LH slide of the front pumpkin. You can route that switch's wiring to another dash switch (or relay if you're clever) to manage the dash lights.

I have done this for testing purposes. It worked, but I was not doing the same thing as your are. ESP uses the lockers true position to make decisions on how to handle ESP events. Remember, if you fool the system into thinking the locker is NOT locked when it is, ESP will see events it thinks it should correct. Likewise, if you're driving on the highway and ESP thinks lockers are still engaged, I cannot predict what it will and will not do. Limp mode seems likely.

Just make sure you give the computer correct info on the aftermarket lockers true position, and it should work as if the Rubi locker is still on-board.

Cool. Thank you for the reply. After reading all of these responses I think I may skip attempting to keep factory functionality of my locker when I get to the point of needed to replace them. But all of this is great info and I will reference it at that time. again thank you.

2014 JKUR

I realize this is an extremely old thread, but I'm going to be that guy and revisit it. Here goes: will an Eaton E-locker fit and work in a Rear JK Rubicon axle? I understand the front Rubicon axle is different than non-Rubi, but is the rear axle different also? Eaton doesn't list an E-locker for any JK Rubicon axles. Planning on replacing the front axle housing with a Pro-Rock 44 or equivalent, but while researching options for the rear axle I can't find an option to change out the rear locker with an Eaton E-locker. Has anyone put an Eaton E-Locker in their factory JK rear Rubicon axle?

Top Bottom