Dynatrac ProGRIP Jeep JK Wrangler Front & Rear Brake System

I'm hoping the ATX don't have the same backside design as my current wheels or I'll need to get spacers.

one thing I noticed, the pics on the Dynatrac site show a bevel cut on the back of the caliper bracket but I don't think my brackets had that bevel cut. I'll need to check when I get home.

The amount of clearance needed for them to fit is so small...so close!

What brand of 17" wheels didn't they fit? Don't want to have to buy wheels as well until I can afford the ATXs.

What brand of 17" wheels didn't they fit? Don't want to have to buy wheels as well until I can afford the ATXs.

I think anything with 4.5" BS or greater perhaps? Dynatrac does say:

The Dynatrac ProGrip Brake System fits Jeep Wranglers with 17-inch wheels (wheel spacers are required with 17-inch factory wheels), and the system will fit in nearly all aftermarket wheels without spacers.

I'm hoping the ATX don't have the same backside design as my current wheels or I'll need to get spacers.

one thing I noticed, the pics on the Dynatrac site show a bevel cut on the back of the caliper bracket but I don't think my brackets had that bevel cut. I'll need to check when I get home.

The amount of clearance needed for them to fit is so small...so close!

This kit comes with new brackets you see on their website. You can see them in the install pictures I posted. The kit only re-uses the actual caliper for each wheel.

This kit comes with new brackets you see on their website. You can see them in the install pictures I posted. The kit only re-uses the actual caliper for each wheel.

yes, I used the new brackets. I hade everything installed when I should have done a test fit :doh:

one thing I noticed from the website pictures is the bracket looks beveled on the top and bottom. I don't think mine are beveled but not sure until I check them later.

If they aren't beveled and should be, they would fit. It's so close....

yes, I used the new brackets. I hade everything installed when I should have done a test fit :doh:

one thing I noticed from the website pictures is the bracket looks beveled on the top and bottom. I don't think mine are beveled but not sure until I check them later.

The bracket is interfering and not the caliper?

What's the inner diameter of your wheels where it interferes?

The bracket is interfering and not the caliper?

What's the inner diameter of your wheels where it interferes?

The bracket outer edges are interfering, the caliper looks like it has plenty of clearance.

Inner wheel is 14.5" - when I measure the disk to caliper there is plenty of space; when I measure the disk to bracket where it makes contact it's about an 1/8" off.

The bracket outer edges are interfering, the caliper looks like it has plenty of clearance.

Inner wheel is 14.5" - when I measure the disk to caliper there is plenty of space; when I measure the disk to bracket where it makes contact it's about an 1/8" off.

What wheels are you running and do you have spacers or no?

Those are thick wheels, my 17s start at about 16.5" on the edge and taper down to 16" at the wheel mounting surface.

Those are thick wheels, my 17s start at about 16.5" on the edge and taper down to 16" at the wheel mounting surface.

they are a strong wheel, I know the ATX are just as strong but as Eddie mentioned his fit fine so I'm looking forward to getting those wheel in and on!

I guess the thing for others considering the brake upgrade, measure the inside of your wheels for clearance.

they are a strong wheel, I know the ATX are just as strong but as Eddie mentioned his fit fine so I'm looking forward to getting those wheel in and on!

I guess the thing for others considering the brake upgrade, measure the inside of your wheels for clearance.

It would be nice if Dynatrac would post that measurement.

Also how much clearance is enough?

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. My stock Moabs fit fine with 1.5 inch spacers.

You don't want to run spacers until you get the new wheels?

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. My stock Moabs fit fine with 1.5 inch spacers.

You don't want to run spacers until you get the new wheels?

The wheels will be here on Monday

If I had spacers I would have them broken in, but that would a trip to 4WP but I've been boycotting them and then i'll have spacers I won't use again...I already have enough stuff I bought and am not using :cheesy:

I asked Dynatrac the minimum wheel diameter to fit both front and rear.

Dynatrac: "The minimum inside diameter is 15.50” @ 0.75” from wheel mounting surface in the front. In the rear, you need 15.875” ID @ 1.25” from wheel mounting surface."

Hopefully this helps some of you out. It seems my wheels will work.

:thumb:
I asked Dynatrac the minimum wheel diameter to fit both front and rear.

Dynatrac: "The minimum inside diameter is 15.50” @ 0.75” from wheel mounting surface in the front. In the rear, you need 15.875” ID @ 1.25” from wheel mounting surface."

Hopefully this helps some of you out. It seems my wheels will work.

good info to know..no way my Falken wheels will work

but my ATX Chamber Pro's that just arrived will! :thumb:

Happy to report 17" XD Addict rims fit with the only exception on one wheel, the wheel weights were stacked and they rubbed the new brakes. An easy fix.

Top Bottom