Dynatrac JL/JT ProRock 44 w/ Exclusive 60-Class 1480 Shaft and Axle Joint

Ddays

Hooked
We have looked at offering locking hubs on ProRock 44 over the years. And there are a few reasons we have not offered them. A traditional locking hub would not fit with factory outer assembly and brake. It would also not fit with the wheels that are made for JKs, JLs or JTs. By the time we added all of the additional parts required, it would cost more than $1,000, and by the time you add the additional cost to the ProRock 44, you are getting really close to the price of a ProRock 60.

As for your axles...give us a call tomorrow. I'm not able to look up orders unfortunately. And thanks for being a customer!

Thanks for the reply. There's a couple companies out there that make hub conversion kits that I looked really hard at to install on my PR44 front. I ultimately went with the Hardcore 60 package instead but I really wonder how those kits hold up.

I ordered my axles through Bubba at Exodus Jeeps ao I'll let him take the lead on the delivery. I'm only 6 weeks in so I'll try to be patient for a couple more weeks before I start bugging him. Thanks for the offer though!

Edit: Shit - I'm 7 weeks in! Get ready Bubba - I only got one more week of patience to go!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Actually, the Dynatrac ProRock 44 for the JL/JT with the 1480 shafts gives you the same shaft strength as our ProRock 44/60 axle but lets you keep your factory wheels and brakes. The 1480 shafts are the same diameter as what we've used in ProRock 60s for decades.

So basically this axle is the JL version of the old jk44/60 combo you had a few years back?

So basically this axle is the JL version of the old jk44/60 combo you had a few years back?

It is a ProRock 44 specifically engineered for the JL and JT. It has 3 1/4 inch diameter tubes with 1/2-inch wall thickness. Our JK model has 3-inch tubes and the standard wall-thickness is .313 inches, while 1/2 inch is available. The JL and JT are heavier vehicles, and the axles are wider, so the axle tubes need more strength, which we provide through both larger diameter and thicker material. The C forgings are also larger. And we designed this ProRock 44 to accept the massive 1480 shafts and joints. It is a bolt in housing that accepts the factory outers, brakes and wheels. Our ProRock 44/60 did not accept the outers, brakes and wheels, and required these to be changed. Hope that answers your question.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Will a factory shaft fit into this axle? I haven’t read the whole thread so sorry if it’s been answered.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Will a factory shaft fit into this axle? I haven’t read the whole thread so sorry if it’s been answered.

The factory shafts will not fit. On the long side, the factory shaft is 2 pieces with a sliding collar that crated the axle-disconnect. We offer a standard 1350 axlehsaft set with our chromoly shafts, or a 1480 upgrade to the same joints and shaft diameter that we have offered in ProRock 60s for decades. You can also use RCV shafts in our ProRock 44 for the JL and JT.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The factory shafts will not fit. On the long side, the factory shaft is 2 pieces with a sliding collar that crated the axle-disconnect. We offer a standard 1350 axlehsaft set with our chromoly shafts, or a 1480 upgrade to the same joints and shaft diameter that we have offered in ProRock 60s for decades. You can also use RCV shafts in our ProRock 44 for the JL and JT.

Oh yeah, duh. That was a stupid question. Can you use the short side for a spare?

jdofmemi

So this seems like a good deal for someone who has a tendency to break front chromoly axles and u joints...

Top Bottom