Dynatrac Equipped Community

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Dynatrac still makes great axles. The lead times may be long, but that would not bother me. I am, however, bothered by them running all that China shit on their build, when they tout the Made in USA thing. Even so, I would still run their products. As Sharkey said, I’m not sure the crowd they are currently marketing too will buy many Dynatrac products.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Dynatrac still makes great axles. The lead times may be long, but that would not bother me. I am, however, bothered by them running all that China shit on their build, when they tout the Made in USA thing. Even so, I would still run their products. As Sharkey said, I’m not sure the crowd they are currently marketing too will buy many Dynatrac products.

This about sums it up. Don’t forget the Chinese winch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked
Yeah, unfortunately this is the only time I could get my welder to come in and change the brackets out for the JT. I don’t have time to do it myself during the week and we have some events coming up in October, so unfortunately I’m working this weekend.

The lament of a small business owner...I knew it well...

JKbrick

Unfortunately that’s the price you pay. I’m careful with how often this happens and I make sure I pay my family back in the lost time.

That’s the flip side, if I’m close I can stop home for coffee or meet for lunch with my wife or even my older kids. I met my daughter last week on her day off and took her to the body shop to see her Jeep torn apart

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - of course Dana is made in America. They're a tier 1 company that manufactures axles for a LOT of American made vehicles including our Jeeps. Hell, Dynatrac is even a distributor of Dana.

When it comes to custom axles, there really are few companies that do a better job of making them. I think we've shown this clearly in our Building of a ProRock videos and it is the reason why we've been running Dyantrac axles on multiple Jeeps for over a decade now. Of course, the owner of Dyantrac is a personal friend of mine and so you can take what I have to say for what it's worth.

With that said, I have had the recent pleasure of meeting the folks at Dana and found that they are good people who just want to provide their customers with a good product and at a reasonable price. Being that I have no personal experience running their axles, it'd be hard for me to say one way or another as to how good or bad they really are. What I can tell you is that when it comes to crate axles, it would appear they do have an advantage.

Just trying to keep it real.

JAGS

Hooked
Nope. If anything it was a huge turn off for me and maybe other actual enthusiasts.

But isn’t it funny how sales don’t mean much right now. It seems it’s all about a company’s “reach”. I think it’s stupid but measuring Instagram and YouTube metrics vrs hard numbers is the norm right now.

I’m way behind on this thread. The marketing talk is interesting.

Companies are torn because of audience sizes and consumer habits. What works for one generation doesn’t work for another. Size wise, companies can’t afford to lose any audiences right now because margins are tight.

Striking the balance and mass appeal is very difficult. What this thread says is that Dynatrac may want to look a little more at their marketing mix and how heavy they go in any direction. They may start alienating one audiences in hopes of growing another.

Anyways, this is a great thread and I have more pages to catch up on. Lol.

Top Bottom