Dynatrac Equipped Community

benatc1

Hooked
So basically this is a reward for promoting their business, after you spend some serious coin, but only if you promote their business on a social media platform, not for buying their product.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So basically this is a reward for promoting their business, after you spend some serious coin, but only if you promote their business on a social media platform, not for buying their product.

Correct. But people that have no intention or means to buy Dynatrac products have the opportunity to get free products if they can show some skin on a social media platform. Doesn't even matter if you have legitimate followers or if you have any idea what the product is about.
I could have saved myself some serious coin if I had known this earlier. I may dress up my cat and start some social media shit soon to get some cool swag. Someone out there is willing to bite I bet.

benatc1

Hooked
Correct. But people that have no intention or means to buy Dynatrac products have the opportunity to get free products if they can show some skin on a social media platform. Doesn't even matter if you have legitimate followers or if you have any idea what the product is about.
I could have saved myself some serious coin if I had known this earlier. I may dress up my cat and start some social media shit soon to get some cool swag. Someone out there is willing to bite I bet.
Crazy right? Might Need to figure out my next business move lol, except I hate social media. Still waiting on overlander to send the link to his vag video btw

boardsurfer

Social media needs to die already. :like:

Out of curiosity has their product gone down hill? Customer service? Lead times? Or is everyone really that butt hurt over their sponsorship of some camel toe and advertising choices?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Out of curiosity has their product gone down hill? Customer service? Lead times? Or is everyone really that butt hurt over their sponsorship of some camel toe and advertising choices?

I’ve heard of a lot more issues with Dynatrac axles more recently than ever before. Sure it could be purely coincidence. Lead times, horrible. 8-12 weeks for axles. Dana or Currie can have you axles same day or next day. The YouTube stars didn’t have to wait 8-12 weeks for theirs. The fact that they got them for free, I couldn’t care less.

The bigger issue for me is the fact that they want to charge a premium for their axles and take the longest to produce them and get them to you, yet on their own build they run China tires and China winch. Why should I support your American made claim and markup when you don’t?

WJCO

Meme King
The fact that they got them for free, I couldn’t care less.

If Dynatrac has $18k worth of axles that they're itching to give away, I myself would have rather seen something like this done: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51158-New-website-and-giveaway!

At least that way, the everyday guy/gal who is really passionate about their Jeep build might have a fair chance to get one if they weren't able to afford it. I know there are a lot of people out there who would love one of these axles but may not have the camera body or lack of morals to be able to get sponsored.

Ddays

Hooked
For me the issue is this new social media focus they seem to be embracing. The gay burnout chained to a truck vid, the hoe axle giveaway, the "toyota" overlander build, hacking up a gladiator to make a two door (WTF :thinking:), etc are things that give me pause.

Edit. And there are alternatives now that are also made in the USA

TrailHunter

Hooked
Running a business isn’t easy. If it was, everyone would do it. Overhead, expenses, employees, production, staying relevant, competition... it’s a lot of f’n work.. Sometimes companies can lose sight of their core values... often Influenced by those hired within, who try new methods of attracting customers.. It happens. I’m sure Jim & Dynatrac will get back on....... Trac.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If Dynatrac has $18k worth of axles that they're itching to give away, I myself would have rather seen something like this done: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51158-New-website-and-giveaway!

At least that way, the everyday guy/gal who is really passionate about their Jeep build might have a fair chance to get one if they weren't able to afford it. I know there are a lot of people out there who would love one of these axles but may not have the camera body or lack of morals to be able to get sponsored.

Their axles and their money. I couldn’t care less who they give them to. It’s not my business to tell them that I need to be able to win a giveaway.

SLO

Critter812 could probably help answer that. https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=58157

Still no clear resolve but something was definitely wrong with his axles, causing him to miss a trip. More importantly, I feel like Dynatrac could have done more to get him another axle while they figured out the issue.

bhaner

Guess I missed where to sign up for free axles. I paid full price and had to wait 4-5 months.

Sorry for the thread. I didn't know Dynatrac was on the shit list. Just figured someone here might want a shirt.

I have played the sponsorship game before. Sometimes it works out... Sometimes it doesn't.

You could say their plan worked... After all... If I didn't watch Wayalife on youtube I would never have built my Jeep the way I did... Or with the parts I used.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Guess I missed where to sign up for free axles. I paid full price and had to wait 4-5 months.

Sorry for the thread. I didn't know Dynatrac was on the shit list. Just figured someone here might want a shirt.

I have played the sponsorship game before. Sometimes it works out... Sometimes it doesn't.

You could say their plan worked... After all... If I didn't watch Wayalife on youtube I would never have built my Jeep the way I did... Or with the parts I used.

It’s not so much of a shit list as it is the way they are going. Their response here to the codex build, their responses to manufacturing issues and so on. Mainly the way they have recently changed their business and the way they do business compared to what they stand for. The biggest thing for me is the Chinese companies they are using now when they are/were so big on made in the USA.

WJCO

Meme King

I paid full price for mine as well and won't be getting a shirt or badge. I know you posted this with good intentions.

Mainly the way they have recently changed their business and the way they do business compared to what they stand for.

^This is where I'm at as well.
IMO they went from the ideal 'American Dream' type of company to something else and for some reason are willing to compromise their strong points in order to do so.
Time will tell if/how it works out for them.

Top Bottom