Dubaibentzen's build of Polar Bear

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
View attachment 179803 View attachment 179804 View attachment 179805
So this happened at the car wash today. Some of the paint in the wheel wells got blown away by the pressure washer. Is there some sort of insert I can use instead with my cut fenders? I could keep repainting, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

I used a rubberized spray on undercoat on my CJ7. It withstood pressure washings. Salted roads, etc without peeling and only very minor touch ups. I got it in a spray can at I think Auto Zone or somewhere like that.

Dubaibentzen

Caster angle correct? Front axle centered properly with the correct track bar length? Rear axle tracking properly as well?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452351000.458803.jpg

Went to the alignment shop today. Slightly better, but It still pulls a bit to the left.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452351136.393486.jpg
I asked for report print-out, but they had to put it on the lift again, so disregard the initial numbers. Everything is still stock except the ATX slabs and the 33" Discoverer STT. Caster looks okay at 4.0. At least that's what I can see from the min and max values. Any ideas why it's still pulling? Could it be the bigger tires?

Labricon

Caught the Bug
If you are still looking for a Polar Bear logo design check out "CHURCHILL WILD" it would make a great jeep decal with a little modification to the wording..... the company does northern tours on foot up close and personal with Polar Bears....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
View attachment 181495

Went to the alignment shop today. Slightly better, but It still pulls a bit to the left.
View attachment 181496
I asked for report print-out, but they had to put it on the lift again, so disregard the initial numbers. Everything is still stock except the ATX slabs and the 33" Discoverer STT. Caster looks okay at 4.0. At least that's what I can see from the min and max values. Any ideas why it's still pulling? Could it be the bigger tires?

Most M/T tires have some sort of radial pull because of the thread pattern. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Dubaibentzen

Most M/T tires have some sort of radial pull because of the thread pattern. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Thanks. The shop wanted to sell me BFGoodrich or Yokohama tires in stead of my Discoverer Cooper STT's. My tires are still very new with about 1500 km on them :crazyeyes: I would like to keep them. Is it the camber that is making the pull? How about adjustable ball joints help correct the camber and then it wouldn't pull anymore? Once the camber is dialed in, I could get the long awaited c-gussets welded on to lock everything in place.. Does that make sense?

Dubaibentzen

If you are still looking for a Polar Bear logo design check out "CHURCHILL WILD" it would make a great jeep decal with a little modification to the wording..... the company does northern tours on foot up close and personal with Polar Bears....

I like it. Looks good. Maybe with black lines only. Thanks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks. The shop wanted to sell me BFGoodrich or Yokohama tires in stead of my Discoverer Cooper STT's. My tires are still very new with about 1500 km on them :crazyeyes: I would like to keep them. Is it the camber that is making the pull? How about adjustable ball joints help correct the camber and then it wouldn't pull anymore? Once the camber is dialed in, I could get the long awaited c-gussets welded on to lock everything in place.. Does that make sense?

Honestly your over thinking it. Don't worry about the slight radial pull. Just get some c gussets and burn them on now so you don't need to buy adjustable ball joints

Dubaibentzen

When I installed the EVO quarter pounder bumper, I removed the secondary horn. It sounds a bit weak with the one remaining. Any mounting ideas for the secondary horn? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454388298.805872.jpg

Top Bottom