Dreaded SERVICE 4WD warning light

Why1504

Caught the Bug
We are in Buena Vista Colorado. Today we drove from north of the New Mexico border on back gravel forest service roads to Buena Vista. A solid 30 miles was above 10k elevation. About half way the dreaded “service 4WD” idiot light comes on. It is the C140E-00 code. It stays clear. Am I good to drive up the mountain tomorrow or do I make a bee line for Colorado Springs and the local Jeep dealer?

We are in Buena Vista Colorado. Today we drove from north of the New Mexico border on back gravel forest service roads to Buena Vista. A solid 30 miles was above 10k elevation. About half way the dreaded “service 4WD” idiot light comes on. It is the C140E-00 code. It stays clear. Am I good to drive up the mountain tomorrow or do I make a bee line for Colorado Springs and the local Jeep dealer?

Hey hope you got this resolved. What is up the mountain? Like north thru Leadville and back to Denver on i70 or just up 285 or what?

I have no experience with this code but my general policy with electronic codes is if the jeep drives, just take it easy and get home and then search WAYALIFE forum haha.

Unless your Jeeps brand new. Then take it to the dealership obviously.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Ok. I used the tazer to reset the light. Did 20 miles on the road. Shifted in and out of red high and low multiple times. Zero issues. We woke up the next morning and made the run up to Antero. This was quite the adventure. It was my fist time driving off road above the treeline. It was also my first time driving on a shelf road. We got within 1/2 mile of the summit and it began to sleet hard. The top of the mountain became covered in dark clouds. We turned around right then and headed down. I won’t lie, it was very intense. If you have never driven a shelf road it is a serious experience. I was totally focused on every rock, where all 4 tires were all the time. I didn’t want to do anything to make the keep rock side to side.

Top Bottom