Dont let used engine oil go to waste

Evil

This guys legit as all hell. Ive been doing this since my Jeep was new and look at how that frame shines. :crazyeyes::crazyeyes::crazyeyes:
frame oil.jpg

Macarena Man

Not to stir up this old thread ..... but, the OP did state a common use for used engine oil. Mixed with diesel fuel, used engine oil can be sprayed on a variety machinery to thwart the start of rust. It has been used by the municipality for dust control on gravel roads, on seasonally used logging/road building equipment, and some folks do indeed spray the undersides of their trucks with it. This is not a dripping application .....
I live in an extremely wet/mountainous area, where salt and brine are used heavily. This use of old engine oil is fairly common.
Would like to live in an area with no salt, and more warmth/sunshine .....
Thanks,
MM

Journeyman

We just did this to the entire engine compartment and underside of our digger derrick at work. Apprentice topped off the oil before our trip south and didn't tighten the cap! Took over a gallon to get the oil level back up after discovering his fuck up at the first fuel stop. Everything under the truck and the trailer are officially rust proof now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Macarena Man

hey anytime you can dump oil out so it makes its way to ground it's a good thing right ?

A facetious person might ask that question .....
Another factious person might answer with the question: .... 'Where did the oil come from' ... ?

Used oil has many 'other' uses as well. One of them is ... used for rust prevention on commercial off-road trucks and equipment.

ChiliDawg

Not to stir up this old thread ..... but, the OP did state a common use for used engine oil. Mixed with diesel fuel, used engine oil can be sprayed on a variety machinery to thwart the start of rust. It has been used by the municipality for dust control on gravel roads, on seasonally used logging/road building equipment, and some folks do indeed spray the undersides of their trucks with it. This is not a dripping application .....
I live in an extremely wet/mountainous area, where salt and brine are used heavily. This use of old engine oil is fairly common.
Would like to live in an area with no salt, and more warmth/sunshine .....
Thanks,
MM

I can almost guaran-damn-tee you there's not a single municipality in the United States spraying used motor oil on gravel roads.

"Common" and "stupid" are not mutually exclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Macarena Man

I can almost guarantee you there's not a single municipality in the United States spraying used motor oil on gravel roads.
'Common' and 'stupid' are not mutually exclusive.

Very commendable of the U.S.A. to not use oil in this way ..... nice of you to almost guarantee this fact for your country.
Some other countries have different practices .....
Used oil does work quite nicely for the OP's stated purpose ....

WJCO

Meme King
Hopefully, Trump sees this thread. He'll start construction on the Northern wall first.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Very commendable of the U.S.A. to not use oil in this way ..... nice of you to almost guarantee this fact for your country.
Some other countries have different practices .....
Used oil does work quite nicely for the OP's stated purpose ....

How in the hell can you justify purposely polluting? :thinking:
No one is saying it won't work, we're all saying its fucking stupid because there are better alternatives than dumping contaminated used oil on the ground.

benatc1

Hooked
I think its important to note that there is a difference between a spray application and "dumping" your used oil into your frame rail, not that i condone either but it seems like the OP had a different plan that he followed:crazyeyes:

Top Bottom