DODGE All Electric Charger Daytona SRT - SEMA 2022

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you may know, the HEMI V8 will soon follow in the footsteps of the dinosaurs that powered them and they will be replaced with an all electric propulsion system. In the case of the Dodge Daytona SRT, that will be the all new 800V Banshee and apparently, it's supposed to be more powerful than the engine of a Hellcat. Now, what's weird is that this new electric engine actually puts out a sound and what we've been told is that it was comparable to the 126 dB roar of an SRT Hellcat.

Anyway, here are some pics of what the future of muscle cars looks like and for me personally, I have to say it really is a beautiful car. The lines are gorgeous and remind me more of what the original Charger looked like. And, having heard it for myself, I have to say it really is a shame that the artificial and pathetic meow it makes was so underwhelming.

IMG_2279.jpg
IMG_2277.jpg
IMG_2274.jpg
IMG_2273.jpg
IMG_2282.jpg

kevman65

Hooked
Wonder how long it will take until some obnoxiously wealthy person buys one, rips the electrical guts out of it, and replaces it with a Hemi.....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is a beautiful car...looks like Italian designed lines...but no Hemi. I like the sound of a Hellcat...and the feel of one...
Honestly, it's the "FEEL" that is completely absent and that makes it weird. Sure, it's loud but annoying. Maybe if they added some subwoofers or something but as is, it's all midrange and reminds me of a pathetic tiger roar you would have heard on an old 1960's TV show.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder how long it will take until some obnoxiously wealthy person buys one, rips the electrical guts out of it, and replaces it with a Hemi.....
Honestly, that's maybe the one saving grace of this new Charger. It is my understanding that it was developed with future HEMI swaps in mind.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I like the looks but I don’t like this new EV stuff. It won’t ever be the same as a real V8 muscle car.

jeeeep

Hooked
As some of you may know, the HEMI V8 will soon follow in the footsteps of the dinosaurs that powered them and they will be replaced with an all electric propulsion system. In the case of the Dodge Daytona SRT, that will be the all new 800V Banshee and apparently, it's supposed to be more powerful than the engine of a Hellcat. Now, what's weird is that this new electric engine actually puts out a sound and what we've been told is that it was comparable to the 126 dB roar of an SRT Hellcat.

Anyway, here are some pics of what the future of muscle cars looks like and for me personally, I have to say it really is a beautiful car. The lines are gorgeous and remind me more of what the original Charger looked like. And, having heard it for myself, I have to say it really is a shame that the artificial and pathetic meow it makes was so underwhelming.

View attachment 381397
View attachment 381398
View attachment 381399
View attachment 381400
View attachment 381401
I agree, beautiful design. rip out all the ev shit and put in a hellcat, reverse that abomination

IMO they're just doing this to virtue signal, they made it hemi ready lol

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll post up the sound clip at the end of tonight's video. Although, what I should have done is filmed everyone who was there to hear it. Their expression said it all. The fake engine sound was like... beyond meat for vegans 🤮

jeeeep

Hooked
I'll post up the sound clip at the end of tonight's video. Although, what I should have done is filmed everyone who was there to hear it. Their expression said it all. The fake engine sound was like... beyond meat for vegans 🤮
Video! video! video!

you had me at video

benatc1

Hooked
Yea that sounds terrible, very weak and no deep tone, the “idle” didn’t sound bad but they need to work on that

Top Bottom