Do you lock your doors?

pvanweelden

i caught myself using the remote and locking my doors today, when the Jeep has no top on :D :doh:
IMG608.jpg

how many of you lock your doors? with a softtop on? or only when the hardtop is on?

Briguy114

I never lock my doors when just the soft top is on. If they really want something in there, they will get in regardless if the doors are locked or not and it has happened to me before. Now I don't leave anything in there.

When the hardtop is on I do lock the doors because its much harder for them to get in

seanb123

Oh god no I haven't locked mine unless I'm leaving my laptop which is rare. Most of the time the windows down so what's the point

jhires

i caught myself using the remote and locking my doors today, when the Jeep has no top on :D :doh:

how many of you lock your doors? with a softtop on? or only when the hardtop is on?

I hit the lock button no matter how I have my rig configured. For a couple of reasons.

Assuming you have remote lock. When you hit the button, there is an audible report from the horn. Also there is a red light on the dash that blinks indicating there may be an alarm. This will do pretty much nothing if the doors are off, however, if the doors are on, and the door is opened while "electronically" locked, the horn will start honking.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
It's gonna happen to most of us sooner or later, hard or soft top, locked or not. My only rule is, I try not to leave anything in the JK I cannot afford to lose or replace without my banker.:yup:

JKWrang

My window was smashed in and my stereo was stolen. Now I lock the doors all the time still. But I don't see the point...

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Lagavulin

I run a soft top in the colder months and go topless when it's warmer. Everything of value is either locked in a tuffy center console or the tuffy under seat lock box. The doors are always left unlocked and I never venture into shady areas with the jeep.

Ldogg

I lock mine and roll my windows up even with the top off. Mainly to lock the tailgate so that the panel in the floor can't be opened. I keep a few small tools in there and that's about it. I have gear bags on the tailgate so they are in the way from lifting it up unless you open the tailgate. Also the horn will go off if the door is opened by reaching in and opening it from the inside. I also don't leave anything out for someone to be tempted. Do the same thing even without doors..... :D

GCM 2

Ummmm, not really, unless you count the center console and glove box being locked, then yes my jeep is always secure

image-263113044.jpg

JKWrang

Yea the tailgate was locked and I bolted down my speakerbox so they couldn't steal THAT. just the amps.

Fuckers.

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

pvanweelden

I run a soft top in the colder months and go topless when it's warmer. Everything of value is either locked in a tuffy center console or the tuffy under seat lock box. The doors are always left unlocked and I never venture into shady areas with the jeep.

^ that is how i always was with my TJ. even with doors on, they were always unlocked. tools were in instratrunk and ammo cans. nothing out in the open except stereo.
i plan on keeping the same mindset with the JK, but the remote makes it so easy to press the button :D

GCM 2

^ that is how i always was with my TJ. even with doors on, they were always unlocked. tools were in instratrunk and ammo cans. nothing out in the open except stereo.
i plan on keeping the same mindset with the JK, but the remote makes it so easy to press the button :D

My jeep is definitely accessible everywhere I go, but I don't leave anything in it I don't want stolen. My spare is locked with enough difficulty that you will probably blow your spine out trying to steal it. Basically, they are going to just steal my entire rig, I know that's always a possibility :icon_crazy:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i never lock my jeep. only thing i lock is my center consol and glove box. pther than that whats the point. they can unzip our soft tops or break our windows.

GCM 2

i never lock my jeep. only thing i lock is my center consol and glove box. pther than that whats the point. they can unzip our soft tops or break our windows.

Over the years I have found with my CJ's and my TJ, that even though it has a soft top, idiots will still cut the windows to gain entry. That's how you know it's not a jeep owner doing the theft, they would at least know to "just unzip the windows"

At the 2013 King Of The Hammers, we had forum members that had jeeps broken into at hotels, I think at least one top got sliced. :grayno:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Over the years I have found with my CJ's and my TJ, that even though it has a soft top, idiots will still cut the windows to gain entry. That's how you know it's not a jeep owner doing the theft, they would at least know to "just unzip the windows"

At the 2013 King Of The Hammers, we had forum members that had jeeps broken into at hotels, I think at least one top got sliced. :grayno:

yea sadly they are stupid enough to cut them open :grayno: just more money i would have to dish out :mad:

NY1982JK

My jeep is definitely accessible everywhere I go, but I don't leave anything in it I don't want stolen. My spare is locked with enough difficulty that you will probably blow your spine out trying to steal it. Basically, they are going to just steal my entire rig, I know that's always a possibility :icon_crazy:

Man if I were you I'd def invest in some sort of alarm with a proximity sensor. Seriously, if your rig got stolen both my rig and I would probably cry. I swear one time I walked out to the parking lot and my rig was pinching its own nipples calling itself "EVOJEEP". It was awkward....

NY1982JK

In all seriousness though I do lock my doors no matter what. I try and keep nothing in my Jeep I wouldn't want to get stolen as a habit. Figure at least the tailgate gets locked and the few tools I keep back there stay secure.

GCM 2

Man if I were you I'd def invest in some sort of alarm with a proximity sensor. Seriously, if your rig got stolen both my rig and I would probably cry. I swear one time I walked out to the parking lot and my rig was pinching its own nipples calling itself "EVOJEEP". It was awkward....

Ummm, thanks? :cheesy: cheers brother!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I run the tuffy security deck when I run the soft top. I lock the "jeep" so the rear cargo area cannot be accessed as easily. I keep nothing of value in the main compartment. Actually I don't think there is anything in either my glove box or center console.

Top Bottom