DIY wheel alignment!

Dr. Satan

Ok. So I do not have to put the key into the ignition. turning the drag link will still move the steering wheel with no key.

Thanks for the help.

Pushrod

Don't know about your Jeep but my 2010 JK does not have ignition lock so no key in ignition would be required.

Hendu3270

If you haven't already seen it, this is a write-up I've done to help you do a front end alignment.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

That's a great write up Eddie. Thanks for doing that. I started looking at it to see how to adjust my camber. My driver side front looks to be leaning In, (top leaning inward). Ofcourse after reading the write up, I now know this can't be adjusted. Maybe it's just an optical illusion. I've been planning to weld on gussets, but I definitely don't want to weld them on if the C's are already bent. I'm running 35's and just put them on a couple of weeks ago, (fully stock before that), so it seem unlikely they would be bent.

Hendu3270

Maybe I need to start a new thread for this, but I just went out and put a level on the tires. The passenger side is perfectly level when I set the level up against the tire, but the drivers side is over an inch out as seen by the photo.

Any thought by you seasoned Jeepers?

resized.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Maybe I need to start a new thread for this, but I just went out and put a level on the tires. The passenger side is perfectly level when I set the level up against the tire, but the drivers side is over an inch out as seen by the photo.

Any thought by you seasoned Jeepers?

Bent C or axle housing.

Hendu3270

Bent C or axle housing.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I've owned it less than two years and it had stock wheels till just recently. I've only had it off road a few times hunting and fishing and nothing compared to what you guys run your rides through. The carfax did say it had been in an accident by the previous owner but had all been repaired. I'm wondering now if it was a hit to the front left. Stock tires were worn evenly and didn't show any unusual wear on the inside and the Jeep has always run true and straight. What are the options with a bent C? Buy a used 44 to build up in the garage this winter? lol Any way to repair the C?

Top Bottom