DIY Spod- Waytekwire

It is right off the battery has no link to ignition

that is right but from what i understand you have to start the jeep so the microprocessor in the spod can see 13.8 volt for the first time since power up. if you miss this step it will stay in undervolt protection mode.

There's no microprocessor in the Cooper relay panel. Just fuses and relays. Noroad- sounds like you are not getting 12 volts. Throw a meter or test light on the posts on the back of the Cooper to confirm power coming in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do you want me to come by and give you a hand? I have a testing equipment that might be able to help. I owned my own car shop a while back... I know my way around electrical circuits.

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

That would be cool, if your offer is still open! I will shoot you a PM!

Noroad- if you don't have a meter, take an extra led, touch the wires to the posts on the back of the Cooper to verify you have 12 volts coming in. If you dont, remove the relay from the circuit that the rock lights were on. Then try your other circuits.

Noroad- if you don't have a meter, take an extra led, touch the wires to the posts on the back of the Cooper to verify you have 12 volts coming in. If you dont, remove the relay from the circuit that the rock lights were on. Then try your other circuits.

Im hoping that it is just a bad breaker from the store because i have no power anywhere! the switches (all 6) and all the lights (rock and inside lights) dont work!

Try removing the relay that was on the rock light circuit, to see if the circuit breaker will reset. Just pull the relay out of the cooper. That would verify whether the breaker works or not.

Try removing the relay that was on the rock light circuit, to see if the circuit breaker will reset. Just pull the relay out of the cooper. That would verify whether the breaker works or not.

I pulled all relays and moved the non used relay to the rock light spot to make sure it was not that relay!

Finally got around to taking a few pics on how I mounted the Bussman under the hood of my 2013. I had ordered the mounting brackets with the panel, but I could not find a suitable mounting location to use the brackets as designed. I ended up using on of the brackets to make a support that attaches to just one side and support the Bussman against the side of the engine compartment. Then I screwed the Bussman to the plastic supports next to the battery location. Time will tell how secure the mounting brackets hold up.

IMG_8619.JPG

IMG_8620.JPG

Good work, then yes the new circuit breaker does not appear to be working. You could by pass it for a test to verify. Only for a test tho.

Good work, then yes the new circuit breaker does not appear to be working. You could by pass it for a test to verify. Only for a test tho.

Im going to stop off and get a better one that darkknight 1991 pointed out, where i can see it trip! but i am deff running out of ideas i just pary the buss man box didnt fry! rebuilding that would blow!

I think worst case you might need to replace the one relay, but start with getting the circuit breaker, then test your other circuits by putting the relays in one at a time.

Finally got around to taking a few pics on how I mounted the Bussman under the hood of my 2013. I had ordered the mounting brackets with the panel, but I could not find a suitable mounting location to use the brackets as designed. I ended up using on of the brackets to make a support that attaches to just one side and support the Bussman against the side of the engine compartment. Then I screwed the Bussman to the plastic supports next to the battery location. Time will tell how secure the mounting brackets hold up.

View attachment 81768

View attachment 81769
Nice job Flat Top! looks good! :thumb:

I think worst case you might need to replace the one relay, but start with getting the circuit breaker, then test your other circuits by putting the relays in one at a time.

I hope so becuse rebuilding that things sucks! how can you tell if the relay is gone none of them have bad tips, and u moved some around, onlything that i saw blown was one 20amp fuse!

without a meter, the easiest method will be placing the relays in the cooper one at a time (after getting the new circuit breaker) put a relay in, flip the switch to check the circuit, if it works, its good. :thumb: if it trips the circuit breaker, try a different relay in the same circuit. if a different relay causes the breaker to trip, then you have something grounding out in that circuit.

Ok cool im going to take care of it today after work! hopfuly it runs smooth in is just something stupid!

no we got it working again but on the way to work at some point it stopped working again! I havent fixed the rock light so im pretty sure it just shorted out again. the main problem was across between fixing and not putting back parts lol, so the breaker was bad, and i moved some fuses around and dropped one that runs the switches! but now that all off them again dont work leaves me to think i blow the small fuse and small breaker, I got a new breaker yest where i can see it trip and reset it my self when needed! a little work later this week should be back up and running!

None of the circuits will work without the fuse from fuse 6 - it provides the 12 volt trigger thru the switches to turn the relays on. Replace that fuse, and you should be fine with your other circuits. You will need to trace down your short in your rock lights circuit. Good work!

None of the circuits will work without the fuse from fuse 6 - it provides the 12 volt trigger thru the switches to turn the relays on. Replace that fuse, and you should be fine with your other circuits. You will need to trace down your short in your rock lights circuit. Good work!

yup, well i found the spot thats cut, was taken out by a rock just need to re wire it up in a better sopt and then change in new fuses and new better breaker i bought!

Top Bottom