Deadlocks and balancing?

Eagle1911

I understand that most people do not balance tires installed on beadlocks. Does this have any affect when traveling on highways? Is there any noticeable vibration since the wheels and tires were not balanced? If so, would you just remount the tire in a slightly different orientation?

Ddays

Hooked
I understand that most people do not balance tires installed on beadlocks. Does this have any affect when traveling on highways? Is there any noticeable vibration since the wheels and tires were not balanced? If so, would you just remount the tire in a slightly different orientation?

Just installed mine a couple weeks ago and did not balance mine- no need. Zero vibrations. Really wasn't sure what to expect but really happy I didn't need it. I'm honestly surprised such a large tire (37x13.5R17) and wheel combo
didn't need any weights at all.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My chamber pro's and mud grapplers were perfect up to 65 mph. At that speed I got bad balance wobble. I got them road force balanced and have been good since.

Benito

Caught the Bug
When I first mounted my trail grapplers and slabs I didn't have them balanced and drove 300 miles at 80mph (Texas) and didn't feel like I had any issues. I took them to get balanced and coincidently the wheels I had in front only needed 2weights added, and the rears had a whole bunch added. About 15k miles later and they still seem fine to me with rotations every 5k miles

Exodus 4x4

Mounted mine up and drove around a few hundred miles before balancing. Didn't feel that bad until about 65, then I picked up a little shimmy. Found a mom and pop to balance and 3 only needed a little weight, but the 4th took 14.5 oz. I never would've thought it was that bad so I'm glad I did it. Even the slightest vibration can take its toll after awhile.

Last edited:

DjVb

I installed my slabs a few weeks ago and required very minimal weights. (Less than 1oz). Didn't really need it to be honest. I'm running 37x13.50 17 Toyo MT's. Drove to Moab and back to Seattle no issues.

Desertman

We have been thinking about this and are going to try dynabeads. No importer here so wait for a consignment to come from the USA . Will update you how it goes.

Eagle1911

Thanks for the info everyone. Guess I need to make a decision now. Deadlocks and 37's or standard and 35's. Going to put them under a 3" Enforcer lift. Leaning to 37s cause eventually I will be installing a PR 44 in the front, but not right away due to cost.

Top Bottom