Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

I understand it's probably not next on the list but I would encourage you two to run your current set up for a bit. Staying where you are will allow you to learn what it's capable of and where your limits are. Learning now will allow you to be way better drivers later. :thumb: if you look back at our trip everyone with 35's and 37's did what everyone with 40's did. There are benefits to 40's but there is also a huge financial difference between them and 37's.

I agree with this 100% I started with 35's then went to 37's and ran that set up for awhile. 37's can go just about anywhere 40's can go and is a lot cheaper.

07JKSahara

I agree with this 100% I started with 35's then went to 37's and ran that set up for awhile. 37's can go just about anywhere 40's can go and is a lot cheaper.

It's easy for me to echo this because 40s are not in my plan, but I agree you can have fun on 35s or 37s.

Jeephooligan

I understand it's probably not next on the list but I would encourage you two to run your current set up for a bit. Staying where you are will allow you to learn what it's capable of and where your limits are. Learning now will allow you to be way better drivers later. :thumb: if you look back at our trip everyone with 35's and 37's did what everyone with 40's did. There are benefits to 40's but there is also a huge financial difference between them and 37's.

Thanks for the input. Considering I'm new to rock crawling and jeeps I'll take all the advice I can get. 😀

K.D.C.H

For sure I'll be running this set up for a while. My goal will be to stay on this set up until my 35's wear out. When I need new tires I want to move up to 37's and at the same time I will need to upgrade my D30 to the PR60 front. Once the 37's wear out I'll go to 40's then and upgrade the D44 rear to the PR80. There will be other steps along the way but right now that's my basic plan.

Thanks to both of you for the help this last weekend. I learned a lot and looking forward to learning more. Now when and where is the next trip :D

Fitzbsly

Agreed, the more you wheel and drive your rig the more you know your limitations. I've had 37's for 4 years and now 38's now for a year, and you really know what your rig is capable of the more you wheel it. Give it time... My motto, no need to upgrade until it breaks...

Unless you score a great deal on upgrade part...

jk12blk

Awesome pics! It must be dumping snow up there today. I wonder what it would be like to drive down the granite bowl covered in snow. :eek:

Top Bottom