dash tire presure read out

woof359

just got a used 2018 JK, noticed it had a read out for the tire presures, how acurate is it ? checked my tires with 2 different gauges and the dash seems to read 4 PSI higher ?

kevman65

Hooked
just got a used 2018 JK, noticed it had a read out for the tire presures, how acurate is it ? checked my tires with 2 different gauges and the dash seems to read 4 PSI higher ?

If you're checking after the JK has sat for several hours, the dash readout is saved from the last reading the TPMS took while the JK was rolling.

So yes, the dash will be higher than the actual tire reading.

Now, if you're getting the 4 psi difference after driving for a while and then stopping and checking, you may have TPMS batteries starting to fail.

Bierpower

Hooked
Mine seem to run about 3psi off. I had one shit out this weekend after wheeling so I just turned off the system. It's more annoying than helpful to me anyway.

TPMS sensors never read your air pressure 100% accurately. Your air is never consistently one pressure either. Lastly, different gauges do in fact give different readings. My guess is there is no real issue.

Top Bottom