Dana 30 and 37's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that money is an issue, do yourself a favor and build up your rear end. Up front, save yourself some money and don't throw any more at it than is needed. Play with what you got for sure but do it thoughtfully and while saving up for a real upgrade.

JAGS

Hooked
Like I said before they are trying to keep you from making a costly mistake. It may not be what you want to hear but its the truth regardless.

Yup. Too often people ask questions only wanting to hear the answer(s) they want.

As far as sarcasm? Look past it. Its actually one of things I love about this forum. Maybe its just the Vet in me because I feel at home. Always giving eahother hell for fun but in the end we have eachothers back

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Ain't that the truth. Families get to keep it real, but are always there for you. [emoji106] Good post Stephen.

RichW

I have the "dirty" 30 on the front of mine. I did the Cs and regeared it but left it open. I locked the rear, trussed it and did 35 spline Chromo shafts. I have wheeled is a bunch of times but am nervous about it every time. My prorock 44 has been ordered for about 6 weeks and is scheduled to arrive this week. Can't wait until it is in and get it broken in.
Yeah getting rid of the 30 no doubt sounds like the best choice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks, I appreciate the information. And no I will respond to anyone sarcasm or not, and some of its been pretty funny. I would just appreciate the sarcasm being followed with reasoning why. There is no doubt there is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum. Tempering the sarcasm with real answers would probably encourage a lot of others to participate. And part of the problem was my poorly worded post to start with. Thanks to everyone who answered.

Being a vet I would think that you would have a pair and be able to take the sarcasm and not get so butt hurt. This is from one vet to another.

In other news don't waste money on the 30. I did and to only upgrade to a pr44 sooner than I thought. And yes I did run 5.13's up front but i left it open.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If I upgraded it, it would be 5.13's. And that's why I asked to see if anyone has done it and if they had any luck with it. The sad thing about this forum is that a lot of people just want to provide sarcasm and not real answers.

I wasn't being sarcastic. The answer I gave you was good advice IMO. In-fact I'll say it again, 37" tires with a Dana 30 axel is a risk! Putting money into a Dana 30 axel by re-gearing, adding chromoly shafts and a locker is a bad idea. I'm sorry if that not what you wanted to hear, but at the end of the day I think you got some good advice from complete strangers based on the limited amount of information you provided. It's your money and Jeep so do what you will and good luck with the project! Stop by the wave sub-forum and introduce yourself when you have time:

http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

TRLJNKY

Yeah getting rid of the 30 no doubt sounds like the best choice

I ended up getting a spare D30 housing for $free.50 to help me sleep at night. At least if I bend or break it Im not up shit creek. I just know the axle has to remain open and no larger than 4.88's to try and extend its life. As far as the rear? Eddie got your back there. Good thing with the rear is we can build. That and from what I've been told the axle shafts are the same so only need one spare [emoji2] Good luck brotha

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

RichW

I wasn't being sarcastic. The answer I gave you was good advice IMO. In-fact I'll say it again, 37" tires with a Dana 30 axel is a risk! Putting money into a Dana 30 axel by re-gearing, adding chromoly shafts and a locker is a bad idea. I'm sorry if that not what you wanted to hear, but at the end of the day I think you got some good advice from complete strangers based on the limited amount of information you provided. It's your money and Jeep so do what you will and good luck with the project! Stop by the wave sub-forum and introduce yourself when you have time:

http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave
I was looking for real advice and not just what I wanted to hear. And I wasn't implying that all answers were sarcastic. I appreciate all the answers

Top Bottom