Damn it's cold but...

professorkx

NX top here, and when it got down to -7 a few weeks ago, still loved the NX. Hard top is hanging in the shop, not sure why I even keep it, as it's not going back on the jeep anytime soon...

Lil Nasty

IMG_1180.JPG
The current resting place of my hard top since getting my trektop. Must admit I really didn't like the look of it at first. But after trying the factory soft top for a while, I came to appreciate some of the trektop's qualities. After running it for a while I don't foresee going back to the hard top anytime soon. It's truly function over form.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dopey84

Agreed sold my hardtop for the trektop nx and here in Idaho it's gotten down to 0 degrees and it's plenty warm more so than the hard top.. down side it frosty vinyl windows but given a few minutes to warm up there is no problem

Dopey

I just realized that the thread got moved. Thank you to whoever did that. I am still trying to figure out the APP and as soon as I posted this topic I caught that I had posted it in the wrong section but I couldn't figure out how to move it... My bad:doh:

Learo2000GT

I have had the trextop nx twill since may or 2014. I have had a few problems lately with wind noise and condensation getting in my jeep. I attributed the noise to a roof rack I recently put in but after closer inspection I could see where the top was inflating away from the header under acceleration and my springs were out of wack. I worked with bestop and they stepped up to the plate and are sending me a new header with top and bows. I was blown away. I thought I would be screwed being out of warentee by a few months and didn't expect a new top as well. So they stand behind there products 100 percent. Amazing customer service. That being said I am thinking of getting a hardtop becouse of the rack noise with the nx and the looks of the nx with a full roof rack is a bit goofy in my opinion. My other thought was to remove the rack when not needed. I originally sold my hard top when I get the nx but rethinking my build again. Hummmmm

ScoobyCarolanNC

Pro tip: get small nylon zipper pulls. Just makes life a bit easier. Also, leave the windows out in your shop, flat, near the heat before you install to help get the kinks out from being rolled up. When spring comes have a plan on where to keep them somewhere protected so they don't get scratched. Finally, be careful what you clean them with, again they scratch easy. I love my NX. I installed it on a 55-60 degree day & it was really tough.

Sent from my duck blind.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Pro tip: get small nylon zipper pulls. Just makes life a bit easier. Also, leave the windows out in your shop, flat, near the heat before you install to help get the kinks out from being rolled up. When spring comes have a plan on where to keep them somewhere protected so they don't get scratched. Finally, be careful what you clean them with, again they scratch easy. I love my NX. I installed it on a 55-60 degree day & it was really tough.

Sent from my duck blind.

Good tip. I put a loop of 550 cord in my zippers. I makes them a lot easier to operate.

Top Bottom